Harry Kane

Can't remember where I read it (maybe tolmie on here?) but didn't somebody say that Kane had been told that he could leave but to keep his head down and let the suits sort the deal out? Maybe his absence was him following those orders and he's been made out to be striking when it was done with approval from spurs (the unspoken specifics of the situation) - maybe he wasn't aware he'd get slated by the media and fans

Or I could be chatting bollocks

Edit: When I say "Not aware" he'd get slated.. I mean not aware it'd be briefed to the media that he's gone on strike
Been saying similar. Tolmie definitely said this

Can't remember where I read it (maybe tolmie on here?) but didn't somebody say that Kane had been told that he could leave but to keep his head down and let the suits sort the deal out? Maybe his absence was him following those orders and he's been made out to be striking when it was done with approval from spurs (the unspoken specifics of the situation) - maybe he wasn't aware he'd get slated by the media and fans

Or I could be chatting bollocks

Edit: When I say "Not aware" he'd get slated.. I mean not aware it'd be briefed to the media that he's gone on strike
Would make sense. You're not entirely off the mark here

It's always felt like he'd go for ~£120m -£130m. If Levy is refusing to take that, or we're holding out at £100m, then either are being daft. Given how smooth it's gone for Grealish I don't think it us.
It went smoothly with grealish because we paid his release clause, a release clause Grealish had written into his contract rather than rely on a gentlemans agreement. Kane did the opposite.

I still think that Kane will come to City.

He's been our main target for ages. I can't for one minute think that either our Board or Levy are gullible enough to think that the Messi situation changes anything.

City want Kane, City need Kane
Kane wants City, Kane needs City
Levy wants money, Levy needs money
City have money, City will ultimately pay what Levy wants.

It's not really any different from the Mahrez deal, where we ended up paying top dollar because Leicester were in the driving seat.

Levy is in the driving seat. He'll play hardball to the end of the window.

If we sign someone else instead of Kane in the interim, Levy won't give a toss.

Levy can't lose in this situation. City should just pay the asking price and get on with the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.