Harry Kane

Bit of a fanny with that statement. If he's losing his bottle we need to sort Messi for two years, keep Jesus, then we have ferran, Jesus, Messi for striker/false 9.

I still think that Kane will come to City.

He's been our main target for ages. I can't for one minute think that either our Board or Levy are gullible enough to think that the Messi situation changes anything.

City want Kane, City need Kane
Kane wants City, Kane needs City
Levy wants money, Levy needs money
City have money, City will ultimately pay what Levy wants.

It's not really any different from the Mahrez deal, where we ended up paying top dollar because Leicester were in the driving seat.

Levy is in the driving seat. He'll play hardball to the end of the window.

If we sign someone else instead of Kane in the interim, Levy won't give a toss.

Levy can't lose in this situation. City should just pay the asking price and get on with the season.
City don’t need Kane. We need a player who can score 20+ goals per season. If we can’t reach a deal with Spurs we need to move on.

Spurs are in debt and need to recoup funds.

City should not be held to ransom over a made up media number.

I would rather we go into the season with what we have.

on a more broad sense, I would be really disappointed if we just didn't get a striker and relied on gabby/torres/false 9.

People can say all you want "it worked last season", but the numbers don't add up.

We scored 83 league goals last season. the 3 seasons before that? 102, 95, and 106.

If next season we go with 2 *less* strikers (aguero and delap) that would be a really bad decision.

we absolutely need a striker desperately.

It's not for a lack of options, mind. There's no reason for us to be so fixated on kane when messi is on the market for free and lukaku is on the market for ~100m.
Do you wanna know something weird? Last season a lot of stats were influenced by our early season struggles (where we had no preseason and 2 injured strikers).

Our winning run last season began in Game 13. So with 26 games to go. In those 26 games we scored 65 goals.

In 17/18, in our final 26 games we scored 66 goals.
In 18/19, in our final 26 games we scored 59 goals.
In 19/20, in our final 26 games we scored 67 goals.

Whilst I agree that we definitely would be a lot better with a striker added to the team, our attack last season once we kicked into gear was no worse than any other season as far as goals were concerned.

The way the cunts on SSN are destroying Kane without any factual evidence, only 'talking to agents'. Makes me think he's coming and they are preparing the ground to attack City at the same time.

This is going to be like Villa and Grealish again, but with more people involved against us.

We're going to hear for weeks from every angle about how this obviously won't happen. And then suddenly..

Sounds to me like he's trying to rebuild bridges burned earlier in the week with club and fans. Not easy, as the Neville interview and shenanigans this week make it clear he doesn't want to be there. I suspect he's too professional to strike or even not give 100% to spurs next season, but for the fans and club it'll be like taking a cheating partner back and won't be the same again imho. Realistically Kane is worth money for about two years, after which levy will certainly regret being bound in to the rest of Kane's six year deal.

Do you wanna know something weird? Last season a lot of stats were influenced by our early season struggles (where we had no preseason and 2 injured strikers).

Our winning run last season began in Game 13. So with 26 games to go. In those 26 games we scored 65 goals.

Whilst I agree that we definitely would be a lot better with a striker added to the team, our attack last season once we kicked into gear was no worse than any other season as far as goals were concerned.

And our defence was better . .

mate you can't just cut out the parts of the season where we were shit and then claim we were good, come on. one look at us last season and you could see we were a lot less clinical.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.