Harry Kane

I've said £130m+20m from the start, still back it to happen.

There's a part of me that thinks Khaldoon even has one eye on Pep's next career move - it's no secret that City in it's current form is moulded around Pep, and that Pep really fucking wants us to sign Harry Kane. If we have to do another season playing wingers as strikers or basing everything around the false nine, I don't think the bald genius will be too happy about that to say the least. Not sending anything to Messi means we're full-on for Harry, so I back it to happen.

I think city need to put a final date on this and it’s either done, or me move on. Make Tossenham a final offer whether that’s cash or cash and player, and then leave it to them. If the date passes just move on elsewhere. £100m for Grealish was a big statement and sum. Smashing that by another 50% and forking out £150m in Kane is a big ask.

So we're to believe that we would enter a negotiation that includes Spurs benefitting from every goal Kane scores for City?
I don't do gifs or memes or whatever the fuck they're called but imagine there's more than a few suitable ones for this level of bollocks.

It's not what is being said, bud.

Spurs are simply touting achievable milestone add-ons.

Believed to include him winning Prem and Champs League, certain goals targets, golden boot.

Be surprised how many times it has been used in the past.

United paid Monaco two tranches of £7.5m when he hit certain amount of appearances and scored 25 goals.

Kept the base figure down to £37m and satisfied both clubs.

Well. Back on planet earth City are outraged because Spurs won’t sell at £100m because Kane’s brother says that how much he is worth and City think an alleged gentleman’s agreement supersedes a contract. The problem is you. Not us.

No wonder Levy won’t talk to you lot until you get some grown ups involved.

Grown ups win trophies and keep their best players.

Agreed. But Spurs came pretty close to having a squad capable of challenging, with only the need to buy a £60-£70m player per season as a garnish to keep them challenging.

Hypothetically: You're Levy & City cave in & pay you the £150m you're demanding. You lose Kane, but gain the dough. Which players are you buying to replace Kane's goals & further bolster your squad?
Odsonne Édouard, £25M
Andrej Kramarić, £25M
Frank Kessié, £46M
Cristian Romero, £46M
Jerôme Boateng, free transfer
Andre Onana, £6M

It’s worth contemplating why it is a selling club ever sells an important asset to a rival, they have no need to if the asset is under contract, but time after time the deal gets done. My argument isn’t that Levy should sell because he should care about City, or even that he should honour a commitment to someone who’s served his club well, but that it’s ultimately in Spurs best interests to allow this transfer to happen. Prediction, it will get done.
I'm not saying it will or won't get done. I've just placed myself in Levy's stilettos, & this isn't merely about selling Kane. It's about how to replace his goals, & bolster the squad enough to challenge for a top 4 place, with a £150m budget?

Which players would you buy for £150m to achieve that aim?

That stance has changed in the last 48 hours.

Spurs will accept a reduced base figure but the add-ons are very achievable.

Would take it closer to what they want, but if we win the Champs League, we would be happy to pay it, anyhow.

They also want a scoring bonus.
A scoring bonus? Fucking hell isn't that why we're paying all this money for him in the first place, to score goals?

Last edited:
Do you have information about what exactly was going on with kane's antics this week? Skipping training, then not skipping training but not returning, then claiming he wasn't skipping training. was this just mayhem from his side or was there some sort of strategy behind?

As Kane eluded to, both sides have their take.

I know it has pissed Harry and his brother off even more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.