Harry Kane

And yeah, I don't really see the trouble with a goal-scoring bonus. You could say it's silly to fork out millions for him to basically just do his job, but then take a look at the wages he'll be on for doing just that. I'm sure City will be happy to pay another £30m if we win the UCL and Kane is next year's golden boot. If Levy thinks he's a striker valued at £150m, then let him score the goals to prove it. I'd imagine this is standard practice for buying a striker to be honest, just on an obviously larger financial scale.

And with wages you think these players would replace Kane's goals & bolster Spur's squad?
I do. Replacing goals is always a risk but 2 goal scorers there coming off 25+ goal seasons. And I think their overall team and squad would be better.

This is the risk Levy is running. Losing a world class striker & replacing him with potential successes & free transfers. It's risky business & not guaranteed to be successful either.
If they were successful as it is then they would have something to risk. As it is, they don't.

Now if this were City after a bad season, would you advocate us selling a 28 year old Aguero, & replacing him with the aforementioned? The last time we had a similar window was in 2012. If memory serves me right, every one of those players had been moved on within 2-3 years. Like I said, it's a risky business...
If City had won fuck all by the time Kun was 28?
100% Yes. As it is he had already won 2 PL titles and 2 EFL cups.

Odsonne Édouard, £25M
Andrej Kramarić, £25M
Frank Kessié, £46M
Cristian Romero, £46M
Jerôme Boateng, free transfer
Andre Onana, £6M
Edouard is valued at 15m
Karamaric would be a dud
Kessie is on the verge of renewing
Romero can be ticked off
Boateng prefers to stay in Germany
Onana can be ticked off as well since Spurs have bought in Gollini

I still think Messi is more likely to end up with us, than Kane.

And i wouldn't be that disappointed.

Can you imagine us winning the Champions League with Messi.

Would be special.
Not sure how you've come to that conclusion. I don't see Messi ever signing for us whilst I'm pretty confident Kane will be a blue by the end of August.

I do agree with not being disappointed if Messi arrived instead though.

To not valuing him above £100m to agreeing to £150/160m (if the add ons really are that achievable) is bonkers.
Not meaning to be pedantic, but we obviously do value him over £100 million if we go above it, regardless of what we previously hinted at. We were never going to say what we were prepared to go up to in public anyway, so anybody stating a specific ceiling price was always doing so from a point of ignorance.

Edouard is valued at 15m
£10m cheaper, steal

Karamaric would be a dud
Thanks Mystic Meg.

Kessie is on the verge of renewing
Didn't know this, if true Camavinga or Bissouma are probably available.

Romero can be ticked off
Yep. Just saw this today. Good player.

Boateng prefers to stay in Germany
Money talks.

Obama can be ticked off as well since Spurs have bought in Gollini
Possibly. I was suggesting binning Lloris. Gollini and Onana.

£10m cheaper, steal

Thanks Mystic Meg.

Didn't know this, if true Camavinga or Bissouma are probably available.

Yep. Just saw this today. Good player.

Money talks.

Possibly. I was suggesting binning Lloris. Gollini and Onana.
The whole point was less to correct you but more to indicate Spurs might think it's easy to reinvest that but it'll be incredibly hard, they'll suffer without Kane, and likely replacements will be expensive and very hard to come by.

The whole point was less to correct you but more to indicate Spurs might think it's easy to reinvest that but it'll be incredibly hard, they'll suffer without Kane, and likely replacements will be expensive and very hard to come by.
I agree but they need to do it to improve in the long run IMO.

Worst thing out of this is Danny Fucking Ings is no longer available should this go tits up!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.