Harry Kane

Tottenham Hotspur FC has raised a further £250m of US private placements, to pay off Bank of England loans signed during the coronavirus pandemic.

The Club has completed on an institutional fund raising of £250m, with an average tenure of over 20 years and an average interest rate of circa 2.8%. The debt stack includes a new 30-year tranche, with a bullet repayment in 2051 and is a unique financing for any sports entity with the long-term institutional debt markets.

The funds have been used to repay the £175m CCFF funding from the Bank of England, which was used to address some of the shortfall in income caused by the pandemic and will also partially repay a bank loan held by the Bank of America which had a shorter term, moving it to fixed rate 15-year money, locking in low interest rates and extending the tenure of the debt.

Tottenham's gross debt totals £831 million (€946 million), with £140 million (€159 million) owed in transfer debt, £96 million (€109 million) in tax debt, £9 million (€10.2 million) in trade creditors and £102 million (€116 million) in other creditors. All equals a total of £1.177 billion.

The club announced losses of £63.9 million (€72.9 million) for the year ending June 30, 2020. Last year Spurs was beneficent of a Bank of England program(see above) from which they drew a low-interest, short-term £175 million (€199 million) loan.

So Levy/Spurs took out a £250mill loan to pay back a £175mill loan. What was the other £75mill for, minus the interest payments?
Christ, that's eye watering. Glad they're much better run than us otherwise if I was a Spuds fan I'd be concerned.

I'd take him for a season or two. Quality player, former rag but doesn't LOVE the rags and isn't all raggy. Kind of how I see Daley Blind and Chicharito.

Not to mention, he has an almost ready made song set to go.
Good grief.

Think will sign before wednesday, about £120M + usual guff, won't be ready to play sunday as not match fit

Think will sign before wednesday, about £120M + usual guff, won't be ready to play sunday as not match fit
No chance lol, I can't see it progressing so quick. Will be lucky if he is signed week before window closes

Probably not this week, but maybe next week?
May well be, but I just think for spurs they won't want to go into the first game and Nunos first official competative game with it a circus about Kane.

If he is still there all talk and attention will be about him especially if in the ground, if we already have him, we leave him in Manchester and give him the weekend to move house.

Both teams will want the game preperation and day to be the focus, not Kanes transfer.

In my opinion getting it done this week suits both better.

I am probably wrong tbh though and this will drag on.

Tottenham Hotspur FC has raised a further £250m of US private placements, to pay off Bank of England loans signed during the coronavirus pandemic.

The Club has completed on an institutional fund raising of £250m, with an average tenure of over 20 years and an average interest rate of circa 2.8%. The debt stack includes a new 30-year tranche, with a bullet repayment in 2051 and is a unique financing for any sports entity with the long-term institutional debt markets.

The funds have been used to repay the £175m CCFF funding from the Bank of England, which was used to address some of the shortfall in income caused by the pandemic and will also partially repay a bank loan held by the Bank of America which had a shorter term, moving it to fixed rate 15-year money, locking in low interest rates and extending the tenure of the debt.

Tottenham's gross debt totals £831 million (€946 million), with £140 million (€159 million) owed in transfer debt, £96 million (€109 million) in tax debt, £9 million (€10.2 million) in trade creditors and £102 million (€116 million) in other creditors. All equals a total of £1.177 billion.

The club announced losses of £63.9 million (€72.9 million) for the year ending June 30, 2020. Last year Spurs was beneficent of a Bank of England program(see above) from which they drew a low-interest, short-term £175 million (€199 million) loan.

So Levy/Spurs took out a £250mill loan to pay back a £175mill loan. What was the other £75mill for, minus the interest payments?

When do they have to pay the 96m tax bill of by?

Christ, that's eye watering. Glad they're much better run than us otherwise if I was a Spuds fan I'd be concerned.

Spurs fan in peace.
We are a well run club ofcourse financially. I have seen some post here alluding to Spurs going towards financial oblivion interms of debt. Yes, it does look huge. Covid really did hurt us the most in PL given so much dependent on revenues from stadium. But we will fine...as long as there is no further lockdowns.

Our only issue is, no focus given football side in last 3-4 years. But things are quite optimistic this summer with Fabio Paratici, new DoF, already doing some smart deals and Levy taking a step back from making transfer negotiations.

As for as Kane, fan base is extremely disappointed in how he has gone about things, especially given, fans were on his side till May, even if he was leaving us.

As for as any potential transfer - City set the marker themselves. Having paid Grealish 100m, the minimum fair value expected for Spurs will be 160m. Ball is on city court. If they come up with that valuation, deal will happen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.