Harry Kane

I agree with player purchases that we obviously need for a position but we will still get bargain players who can be moulded into a City type player.

The team has progressed to such a state that only world class players are wanted for our dare I say 1st team.

the levels of the so called elite are falling fast and i think city don't need to panic in the transfer market
i got stick for saying grealish was a luxury signing ? the truth is we have players already at the club that can play in that role. the kane transfer is a must and no club can go without a natural born striker

Spurs fan in peace.
We are a well run club ofcourse financially. I have seen some post here alluding to Spurs going towards financial oblivion interms of debt. Yes, it does look huge. Covid really did hurt us the most in PL given so much dependent on revenues from stadium. But we will fine...as long as there is no further lockdowns.

Our only issue is, no focus given football side in last 3-4 years. But things are quite optimistic this summer with Fabio Paratici, new DoF, already doing some smart deals and Levy taking a step back from making transfer negotiations.

As for as Kane, fan base is extremely disappointed in how he has gone about things, especially given, fans were on his side till May, even if he was leaving us.

As for as any potential transfer - City set the marker themselves. Having paid Grealish 100m, the minimum fair value expected for Spurs will be 160m. Ball is on city court. If they come up with that valuation, deal will happen.
I think that's fair comment. Spurs are a side that has tried to function without investment from the owner. Our spending worked. We spent the owner's money at first and it worked and we now have revenues as big as Utd without the debt repayments they have. We dominate the transfer market as a result only we get the flak that they never did.

It is hard to keep up with the transfer market. How do you rationalise it? I don't mind breaking the transfer market for Grealish because I think he is a fantastic talent. He's younger than Kane. Kane also wants to leave Spurs. This is his final chance to win trophies because with respect I think you will agree that Spurs need to rebuild for 2 seasons at least before you can compete for the top 4. Unless there is an unexpected collapse of a team, it's unrealistic to expect to get past City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool. If Kane does not get a move now, he may never do so. I think it makes sense for Spurs to sell while his value is at a high.

I think City are reluctant to make a cash bid for Kane now as it means we will take a massive hit on Bernardo if we do. We will get literally nothing for him if we do that. We might not get anything anyway. I am not convinced a deal will be done. If a deal was pending, why haven't Spurs strengthened? Are they just going to take the money at the end of the window and say it was a deal they had to do? I am 50-50 whether this happens.

Keep posting. If you keep it sensible, we will. Some previous comments from Spurs fans degenerated into point-scoring and quickly got boring.

Sure others have already mentioned this, but the news Spurs close to signing Lautaro Martinez can only be a good thing for us. Feel like Levy is being wise in making his signings now, so he's not held ransom to high demands once he gets the Kane money.

Feel optimistic about us bringing him in within the next week or so

the levels of the so called elite are falling fast and i think city don't need to panic in the transfer market
i got stick for saying grealish was a luxury signing ? the truth is we have players already at the club that can play in that role. the kane transfer is a must and no club can go without a natural born striker
Why do you expect that rivals will always struggle? They wont. CFC will come good. Even Man Utd may do so. (although perhaps unlikely with OGS in charge). Real Madrid, Barca, Bayern Munich all struggling at moment but I don't see why this is inevitable. Clearly for much of history these clubs have dominated. It's just cycles in football.

I am not convinced a deal will be done. If a deal was pending, why haven't Spurs strengthened? Are they just going to take the money at the end of the window and say it was a deal they had to do? I am 50-50 whether this happens.

Spurs have strengthened. Romero, Gil and now maybe Martinez too. over 120m between the three of them

Sure others have already mentioned this, but the news Spurs close to signing Lautaro Martinez can only be a good thing for us. Feel like Levy is being wise in making his signings now, so he's not held ransom to high demands once he gets the Kane money.

Feel optimistic about us bringing him in within the next week or so
What evidence have you got that they are close to signing Martinez?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.