Harry Kane

Problem is with all of this if this falls through have we got any alternatives to go for?
Last Saturday and the CL Final proved the issues with having no striker and I fear if we will struggle in big games if we are relying on Jesus.
Still think the striker chase was the highest priority and not the Grealish purchase, that should have been the latter.

This is our problem imo...we have created this image(with messi before and now kane) of a club who will wait around for a target. We are way too nice sometimes it would seem...when you dally you not only lose out on other options, but when players see the club operating like this repeatedly, they know when the time comes you are not going to quickly move on and this alleviates any pressure their end to force a move.

IF this transfer faces issues and does not end up crossing the line how daft will we look? I said it before....inept even. We could just look like muggins. Not saying it will happen...just playing devils advocate.

Sometimes i look at the way PSG do business and, although its brash, its bloody effective with all the public comments and lip service from everyone connected with the club. In contrast our tactic of super quiet, super laid back, super respectful(maybe even crossing the line into unconfident)....well you guys be the judge.

Last edited:
While i cannot agree with any of that, i would say that they won't be the same players in the coming two years.

The trouble withy stats is they don't show the whole picture. Watching people play can show a whole different performance. That weasel thing at the rags scores loads of goals according to stats. But the truth is he goes missing in big games and gets loads of penalties to pad his stats etc.

Age gets to us all, and no matter how good they are/were, they have both peaked and will only slow down/decline going forwards.
That decline may well be very rapid and they have an expensive past it player on the books.
God enough of Messi, let's talk about Kane

This is our problem imo...we have created this image(with messi before and now kane) of a club who will wait around for a target. We are way too nice sometimes it would seem...when you dally you not only lose out on other options, but when players see the club operating like this repeatedly, they know when the time comes you are not going to quickly move on and this alleviates any pressure their end to force a move.

IF this transfer faces issues and does not end up crossing the line how bad will we look. I said it before....inept even. We could just look like muggins.

Not saying it will happen...just playing devils advocate.

I think this window has been the anomaly. Its City’s normal procedure to have three choices for each transfer.

I think it’s done, just giving them time to bring a replacement in and spend the money without having the seller know for sure they have the funds to hand.

I recon the timescale is known too, so everyone will be aware of his first game with us and planning for that tactically.

Nothing has changed in the last month on this one and very little noise apart from the standard comments from Spurs you might expect - pep mentioning Kane was a huge departure from the norm though.

I’m relaxed on this one - it will happen.
Sensible, realistic and well articulated conjecture is extremely well received by me in this thread at the moment. I see absolutely no reason at all to panic on this one anymore.

What would you propose then?
Dias was not our first option and look how that turned out. I have no idea who our other options are as none being discussed other than Ings and Lukakau who have gone, but there will be alternatives, or wait for Haaland using Torres as CF. Frankly being shafted by Levy over Kane galls me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.