Harry Kane

I think this window has been the anomaly. Its City’s normal procedure to have three choices for each transfer.
Thing is, I had this chat many times with fellow blue mates over the past couple of years. Who we get when Sergio finally left. There were always only ever a couple of names mentioned that would fit the bill. Kane or Mbappe and obviously more recently Haaland.

Put simply, there isn't anybody else in the world who is the right age/profile/availability. We know 2 of those 3 are pretty much unattainable right now (when we need them). Kane is the only option, there can't really be any back up options or Plan's B and C. It's as simple as that for me.

Makes it clear for us but also unfortunately has put the ball truly in Levys court because he knows we don't have any other options so can rinse us. Is what it is though. We need him, so we'll pay for him.

Lot of flapping on here.
If we weren't playing spurs in August this would have been done already.

I think there is more apathy than flapping. Flapping more directed at the clubs decision making...at least from what i can see.

I mean that percentage of the poll was far more 50/50 before some of the more well known names started chiming in with the hard sell on Kane.

Reading a lot of nonsense on here this morning.

Let’s get some facts straight.

Spurs have all the power
Spurs don’t want to sell
Spurs know we’ve paid 100 million for an uncut gem
Spurs know we are desperate to buy Kane
Levy is a well renowned hard ass negotiator

Due to these facts we will not get him for less than 150m. That 150m may involve players their manager fancies and we agree to let go.

The longer this plays out the more the price goes up as they don’t want or need to sell. Imagine if we struggle to score in the first couple of games, we could be looking at 200m.

We need this done this week before the season starts or, imho, it won’t happen
Yeah that's definitely not how it's going to happen.

The money being bandied about for Kane is obscene. 150m for a a 28 year old with potential injury issues,when clubs are in dire straits with Covid makes zero sense. So many unknowns in terms of how much we lose coming 2,3,4 in PL,not progressing in CL without Kane. We have no guarantee he will score 30 a season for us, most new players take a season to bed in. How many goals would our 2nd or 3rd striker choices get ? Pay 50k for 20 goals a season striker ? There are certain clubs that I would walk away from in terms of negotiations and Spurs would be right up there along with some Italian clubs. Levy did the same with Kyle.
I hate Spurs after 1981 and Levy makes me despise them even more.Hold your heads up City and do not bow to that total cnut.
To me now the money is totally irrelevant. Its going way beyond mattering to me. Its not my money and the trillions sloshing about football meant this was always going to happen.
Once full backs started going for £50m, then it ceased to matter to me.
my grand a year season ticket certainly doesnt contribute towards such fees thats for sure

The money being bandied about for Kane is obscene. 150m for a a 28 year old with potential injury issues,when clubs are in dire straits with Covid makes zero sense. So many unknowns in terms of how much we lose coming 2,3,4 in PL,not progressing in CL without Kane. We have no guarantee he will score 30 a season for us, most new players take a season to bed in. How many goals would our 2nd or 3rd striker choices get ? Pay 50k for 20 goals a season striker ? There are certain clubs that I would walk away from in terms of negotiations and Spurs would be right up there along with some Italian clubs. Levy did the same with Kyle.
I hate Spurs after 1981 and Levy makes me despise them even more.Hold your heads up City and do not bow to that total cnut.
Why do you care about other clubs? Do you not think we can afford what we will eventually pay for Kane? There’s huge risks with any signing, not just record signings! We’ve been the most dominant team in England for a decade, it’s now time to further strengthen our position and spend upwards of 200m on 2 top class players. I think your hatred for Spurs is clouding your judgement on this

Reading a lot of nonsense on here this morning.

Let’s get some facts straight.

Spurs have all the power
Spurs don’t want to sell
Spurs know we’ve paid 100 million for an uncut gem
Spurs know we are desperate to buy Kane
Levy is a well renowned hard ass negotiator

Due to these facts we will not get him for less than 150m. That 150m may involve players their manager fancies and we agree to let go.
Nonesense...grealish was far from desperate to leave villa. Kane is desperate to leave spurs.

Two major factors conveniently ignored

Imagine if we struggle to score in the first couple of games, we could be looking at 200m.
You were actually talking sense until this sentence, where presumably the fantasist schizophrenia kicked in.

You're absolutely right that Kane would have to go for around £150m. And that's what going to happen. Getting tired of people cropping up with a smug "City would have to pay £150m!" as if they're not talking about a club that's sport-wash funded by Abu Dhabi and plays whack-a-mole with financial regulations whenever they pop up to bother us. It'll be around £130m with add-ons, maybe even £90/100m with Jesus, but it'll be valued by Levy at £150m, and it'll get done.

Get him in sky-blue, get him hitting penalties, and let's fucking go.

To me now the money is totally irrelevant. Its going way beyond mattering to me. Its not my money and the trillions sloshing about football meant this was always going to happen.
Once full backs started going for £50m, then it ceased to matter to me.
my grand a year season ticket certainly doesnt contribute towards such fees thats for sure

Oh here we go again...i know there are a mouth breathing portion of fans at all clubs, but the amount i'm reading this is staggering to me.

It absolutely matters. Its not about how much money is in football as a generalisation...its about how much we have available to us over a period of time, given FFP and other factors.

If pep cares about fee's and always talks of what we can and cannot afford then how can our fans be so bloody flippant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.