Harry Kane

Oh here we go again...i know there are a mouth breathing portion of fans at all clubs, but the amount i'm reading this is staggering to me.

It absolutely matters. Its not about how much money is in football as a generalisation...its about how much we have available to us over a period of time, given FFP and other factors.

If pep cares about fee's and always talks of what we can and cannot afford then how can our fans be so bloody flippant.
Because it isn't our problem, nor Peps. The only people who's problem it is are Soriano and Khaldoon. If they say we can spend it ten we can spend it job done.

I think this window has been the anomaly. Its City’s normal procedure to have three choices for each transfer.
It took a long time to buy a replacement for Kompany. The consensus around the Sanchez, Maguire, Koulibaly, Messi (pt1) was also wrong. Our would-be adversary here is Levy, the guy who made one of the most stupid appointments in modern football (Mourinho) and we are trying to figure him out.

Oh here we go again...i know there are a mouth breathing portion of fans at all clubs, but the amount i'm reading this is staggering to me.

It absolutely matters. Its not about how much money is in football as a generalisation...its about how much we have available to us over a period of time, given FFP and other factors.

If pep cares about fee's and always talks of what we can and cannot afford then how can our fans be so bloody flippant.
Kane even at £150m is self-financing because its highly likely that with him we continue to dominate English football, the richest league in the world. Is that above market value? Massively. He's 28.

Because it isn't our problem, nor Peps. The only people who's problem it is are Soriano and Khaldoon. If they say we can spend it ten we can spend it job done.
This.

Why do some people on here seem to think we are being run by idiots and this time next year we will be AFC Man City playing in the sunday leagues because nobody realised we couldn't afford Kane.

Not getting into this debate but what Pep says to the media imo is not something which should be relied upon as the gospel truth. He knows his comments will be twisted or mis-quoted most of the time so plays a game .

You were actually talking sense until this sentence, where presumably the fantasist schizophrenia kicked in.

You're absolutely right that Kane would have to go for around £150m. And that's what going to happen. Getting tired of people cropping up with a smug "City would have to pay £150m!" as if they're not talking about a club that's sport-wash funded by Abu Dhabi and plays whack-a-mole with financial regulations whenever they pop up to bother us. It'll be around £130m with add-ons, maybe even £90/100m with Jesus, but it'll be valued by Levy at £150m, and it'll get done.

Get him in sky-blue, get him hitting penalties, and let's fucking go.
Worst sports-washing of all time. Those 'fans' who talk of sports-washing were wearing the 3 Lions a month ago. Experts on sports-washing. ABu Dhabi doesn't contribute to MCFC. If you know anything about City's finances, then you know City's UAE revenue is about 10% and much more legit. than many Premier League clubs. Back in 2010 City were floated by SHeikh Masour's investment. That's really not the case now. We've spent £180m net in a window before as have others.

Spurs fan here. Doubt I’m very welcome but thought I’d risk posting in the effort to give some information from what we are hearing from the Spurs side of things.

I’m sure a lot of you are as bored as us with how long this whole thing is dragging out, and how each day a new journalist pops up claiming that ‘Kane wants to join Man City’ is somehow breaking news. Everyone has known that since the Neville interview on the golf course.

I’m guessing you have your own set of ‘itks’ like all clubs, and some are complete WUMs, while some are very credible. Well the most credible Spurs itks have all been fairly consistent on this whole saga:

• Kane wants to leave and only wants City
  • The whole thing has been a mess from the very beginning due to the incompetence of his agent and Brother Charlie
  • Charlie got completely ahead of himself providing completely fabricated information to City of how much it would take to get Harry out of Tottenham
  • It’s widely accepted by both clubs, agents and journalists that Charlie is well out of his depth and if anything, been a complete hindrance to any deal being completed. His wedding stunt made the City side furious, and just plain baffled the Spurs side.
  • Tottenham ONLY WANT A CASH DEAL. As you can imagine there are multiple reasons to this. 1) the players City put forward are very unlikely to want to join Spurs in the first palace. 2) on the off chance they do, their wages would have to be matched or even improved to join Spurs, which would then cause a big issue with certain players in our current squad demanding parity. 3) in ‘swap deals’ the 2 clubs often have very different views on the value of players. 4) Tottenham have a new DOF who has complete control of transfers (with the exception of Kane) and is working to a plan with a set list of players, and there are no City players on that list.
  • So far, City have not offered a straight cash deal. There have only been proposals and player exchanges plus cash, which have been dismissed out of hand for reasons stated above.
  • The last 48 hours meetings between spurs and Harry’s team has resulted in amicable discussions. Harry obviously reaffirmed his desire to play for City and Pep. However the club made their stance very clear, he should be prepared to stay unless City stump up an acceptable cash only amount. His team understand this.
  • New contract very unlikely unless specific clauses added (doesn’t take a genius to work out what they would be - see Grealish)
  • Unlikely to be anymore public stunts from Harry after the late show to preseason. The public backlash again was something half-wit Charlie didn’t anticipate. Even the FA weren’t impressed after sponsors were getting agitated.
  • Good news for us all, some are saying that there has been a deadline put on all of this. City have to come up with the cash by the 23/24th to allow Spurs a week to do their business.
  • At the moment City aren’t expected to do that unless they can sell first.
  • Everyone has a different opinion of what the magic number is.

Another FYI in terms of Spurs spending and transfer funds.

• We have currently only spent £21M. The CB Romero deal is a loan with option to buy for £42M next summer. Some media seem to be reporting we have spent loads already, don’t get sucked into that narrative.
  • Spurs have reduced our wage bill by around 500k pw with our outgoings of Bale, Alderweireld, Lamela, Rose, Vinicius, Hart, Foyth.
  • There are also rumours that we are sitting on an announcement (maybe stadium naming rights) that would see us have more money to spend that people would expect. Obviously the reason for delaying any announcement like that is to help negotiating for our incomings.

Take it all with a pinch of salt obviously like all ‘itk’ information (I’m sure a lot of you will dismiss it all). None of it is from me so don’t shoot the messenger. I just thought some of you would want to hear both sides of coin.

Worst sports-washing of all time. Those 'fans' who talk of sports-washing were wearing the 3 Lions a month ago. Experts on sports-washing. ABu Dhabi doesn't contribute to MCFC. If you know anything about City's finances, then you know City's UAE revenue is about 10% and much more legit. than many Premier League clubs. Back in 2010 City were floated by SHeikh Masour's investment. That's really not the case now. We've spent £180m net in a window before as have others.

I wasn't being entirely serious with that sentence, mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.