Harry Kane

You mention about us doing this kind of business when other clubs are fighting COVID, that’s caring about other clubs in my book. Do you trust the club and the people who it employs in the finance department? Do you trust our chairman and owner? If so then chill about FFP and the financial rules. We simply wouldn’t do the business if we couldn’t afford it which is why we’ll walk away if you don’t negotiate a price we are happy with
Well this is a forum and we are entitled to our own opinions and that is all they are. Your interpretation of my comments about the Covid impact on the transfer market and extrapolation that I care for other clubs is a 2+2=5 scenario.
Yes I trust our management implicitly.If we pay 150 million for Kane I will cheer and support him like all our players. I am however entitled to a personal view of his value. I think he is worth less than 150 million and I am one of the 41.5% on this site who have a differing view to you. Frankly the 150 million has been raised by journalists and he may go for less, who knows.
Either way Bibby, lets not fall out over this as these are just personal opinions lets agree to disagree, be polite and move on supporting City. It is getting a little angry on the forum and no need to be such.

Well i've worked in business where upper management is basically fucking clueless. Thats NOT how i see our board though...what i am saying is this reeks of desperation, is poor business at anywhere near the touted sums especially considering our normal business, and might come back to bite us financially over the next 2-3 windows.

The execs at city might be mustard but this is a risk and nobody on here will convince me otherwise...its the kind of move the rags would have made in the last 2 years of fergie. Then maybe there is shades of that with pep in his current contract situation.

That's utter bollocks. Going for the top scorer in the league is not desperation. It is a statement of intent. Going for Danny Ings as plan B would be something the rags did out of panic. Or bringing Ibrahimovic or Cavani in or Di Maria. Buys that have been made based on name not an overall strategy.

We have a plan and identified Kane as someone who could improve us. We are willing to pay a certain amount for him and Spurs want as much as possible. Deferred payments through add ons wont hurt us. We have an academy loaded with players that can bring us 20-50m a season which covers the additional costs.

There's no threat of us going bankrupt. We have plenty of assets like Bernardo, Jesus, Laporte etc who should an acceptable offer come in can be shifted and bring in enough money for us to win the net spend trophy Liverpool are so proud of.

Value and worth are hard to define in football. You can't compare it to a car because of so many unknowns. If Kane comes and scores 20 a season and we continue to win things then the club will view it as a success. If he comes and scores 30-40 and we win the CL they'll see Kane as a steal for the cost quoted.

That's utter bollocks. Going for the top scorer in the league is not desperation. It is a statement of intent. Going for Danny Ings as plan B would be something the rags did out of panic. Or bringing Ibrahimovic or Cavani in or Di Maria. Buys that have been made based on name not an overall strategy.

We have a plan and identified Kane as someone who could improve us. We are willing to pay a certain amount for him and Spurs want as much as possible. Deferred payments through add ons wont hurt us. We have an academy loaded with players that can bring us 20-50m a season which covers the additional costs.

There's no threat of us going bankrupt. We have plenty of assets like Bernardo, Jesus, Laporte etc who should an acceptable offer come in can be shifted and bring in enough money for us to win the net spend trophy Liverpool are so proud of.

Value and worth are hard to define in football. You can't compare it to a car because of so many unknowns. If Kane comes and scores 20 a season and we continue to win things then the club will view it as a success. If he comes and scores 30-40 and we win the CL they'll see Kane as a steal for the cost quoted.

Fair comment. But if he comes and doesn't do the business, or is injured badly, or isnt happy etc etc and we have a £241m hole in our expenses...It goes both ways. I never said he couldn't be a good signing i simply said its a risk given his profile and price. Much more so than a player with age on his side.

I mean overpaying is straight up desperation imo and i think most would agree that 150m for a 28 year old with a history of injury niggles is excessive.

Again i reiterate i'm not saying he couldn't or wont be a good signing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.