Harry Kane

I do wonder if levy has actually gone back on this so called gentleman’s agreement? Would Kane have put much faith in Levy sticking to his word?

His brother did not negotiate the 6 year deal
There's something quite nice about an elite footballer employing a family member in this way.
But one of the issues Harry Kane has in his, frankly justifiable, attempts to get away from Spurs, is his six-year contract. A contract that his brother negotiated. And a contract has no wriggle room for an early exit.
Few would have predicted the exact nature of Tottenham’s decline since the Kanes put pen to paper on that deal. But it should not come as a total surprise to anyone who knew anything about the club that Spurs have struggled to maintain the level they were at in 2018.
Charlie's contract has left his brother in a tricky position; wanting a move but with very few cards to play.

Frankly, one of the only moves open to Kane to speed up the process was to make life difficult by stalling on his return to training.
But it was the nature in which he did so that needed to be carefully managed.
As it is, the Kanes are still in the same position they were in before, needing City (or any other club who want Harry, but likely City) to stump up close to the £150m Spurs are asking for if the transfer is to happen.
But the manner in which Charlie, presumably, has stage-managed the operation has been shambolic at best, losing the support of many of his brother’s biggest fans and opening him up to criticism from pundits and ex-players across the game.

There is always a chance that we’re witnessing a masterplan that nobody has read.
That Charlie took time out from his packed schedule, stepped off the Brent-esque motorbike in his office (which may or may not be a converted shed), and strategised an ingenious plan to get Harry out of north London as quickly as possible.
But the leaked stories on Tuesday that Harry is simply returning late from holiday and feels that the whole thing has been blown out of proportion screamed of a camp surprised by the level of vitriol their actions have spawned. And those leaks suggested the presence of an agent with nothing more than an entry-level understanding of negotiation and public relations.

Considering that Kane and Kane are up against Daniel Levy in these negotiations, things do not bode well.
Harry’s best hope now is that City offer enough to get him his move, preferably before Charlie makes any other mistakes.
And maybe, after this is all over, it should be time for Harry to part company with CK66 Ltd and let the business sink or swim on its own merit. I could hazard a guess which of those outcomes it would be.

Kane wont ask for a move, it will cost him far too much cash.

Charlie has proved an idiot for signing a 6 year contract with no clause.

He really is a proper Charlie and if his brother does join us, I hope Tixki makes Charlie pay big time.
Pretty sure Charlie wasn’t Harry’s agent at the time he signed the 6 year deal. Either way can hardly blame Kane for signing that contract as at that point spurs where flying under poch regularly getting champions league football.

I'm sure the guy has a mortgage and a family. He's got to pay bills. Regardless of who he supports it's about how he can make a living. If I was a reporter and I earned more money by bigging up the Rags/Dippers then you can be sure I'd be doing it.
I can say with absolute certainty that I wouldn’t. I’d honestly go find another job I’d that was my choice. There are more important things in life than money, self-respect included.

Obviously i am not in the loop, but the options are dependent on what you/Pep wants, Calvert Lewin could do the target man job, Llorente?,or Isak? also, not that i think we will go down that route but loans are another option till Haalands clause kicks in .
Pep wants someone who can play a classic 9 while being fluid in the system to the extent he can drop back as a false 9. If he can't have that, he doesn't think many players wi improve us and certainly doesn't want to rebuild the team around a target man. Unfortunately for us, there's maybe five players in world football who can do that, and only one is realistically available and wants to come to us.

Pretty sure Charlie wasn’t Harry’s agent at the time he signed the 6 year deal. Either way can hardly blame Kane for signing that contract as at that point spurs where flying under poch regularly getting champions league football.
You can't blame him?

Why not?

He was happy to sign a very lucrative deal, why should be be allowed to dictate how he leaves and for what price?

Charlie did not get anything in writing, idiot, look at the difference to how Grealish's agent dealt with the Aston Villa contract.

Target man? Have you watched city play under Pep

Loans? What are you gibbering on about
Go on then name all the strikers Pep has signed, People said when Atreta left that City`s defense would fall apart, but Pep showed them that Pep is always evolving, the only thing that Pep has always done at City is buy experience.
Loans, an excellent way way of bringing in temporary players till the one you want comes available.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.