Harry Kane

Because he loves spurs. I actually respect him for signing that 6 year deal. He was happy to play his whole career at one club when he could have made more money elsewhere as spurs then where matching his ambition. Again I repeat Charlie didn’t negotiate the contract so I’m not sure why you keep bringing him up.

This is purely about trophies for Kane, he is one of the best strikers the premier league has seen and has no trophies to show for it. He has been the ultimate pro until levy has fucked him around. The grealish camp where very clever to get the clause inserted into the contract but that has never been the norm for premier league players (although now I suspected players will push for this)

I think it’s unfair to lay the blame at Kane’s door. Was he naive? perhaps, but nobody expected spurs and poch to have such a disastrous season and one they have never recovered from. I actually think levy‘s treatment of Kane has been nothing short of disgusting and it’s no wonder they are now having problems attracting players such as Martinez to the club as they know once they sign for spurs they are stuck there
No sympathy whatsoever for him.

He was happy to take the lure of a huge contract, Spurs stagnated and have gone backwards, tough sh1t, you win some you lose some, in Spurs case, you win nothing.

Kane has become very wealthy man, so why we should sympathise with him is beyond me.

Haaland isn’t coming now, whatever happens and when we get Kane which we probably will he won’t be coming next summer. Forget about this Haaland obsession. He’s a very good player but he isn’t Messi he isn’t even Ronaldo. His ceiling is probably about Lewandowski levels and while that’s very good isn’t a difference between winning stuff and not winning stuff.
Would he be better than Kane for us over the next 3 or 4 years, I don’t think so. What happens in 3 or 4 years , I’ll leave that to the club to sort out not my problem, there will be other players and the club are well run enough for me to leave them to it.

The last player to score the number of goals Haaland has as an under 21 year old in Europe, was the real Ronaldo. Haaland is the most promising player in Europe.

We can only speculate obviously, but I'm fairly confident that Haaland would be better than Kane for us, largely because I think he's already a better player. His game has absolutely everything.

Haaland won't sign for anyone this summer, but is it the end of the world missing out on Kane, because we won't meet Levy's ridiculous valuation, when Haaland would be up for grabs next summer?

I can't lie, I'm not really that arsed if it doesn't happen. Kane would strengthen us but mean Haaland could end up at the rags next summer.

I'd be happy with waiting a year and securing Haaland, letting United deal with Levy for a 29 year old Kane.

If we miss out on Kane this year no way in a million years would we not then set our sights on Haaland instead: much cheaper, younger, promising and arguably already a better player. We'd be bonkers to continue this Kane obsession for another year.
Not sure where to begin with this mess. Put it this way, the money we are throwing at Kane this year wouldn’t be a million miles away from what could possibly secure Haaland. Kane is the priority and is why we’ve gone nowhere near Haaland nor his wanker of an agent. Chelsea were heavily linked and then changed their target. Haaland a next destination I imagine is almost pretty much sorted. That maybe united, more realistic would be Bayern or Madrid though. I don’t think anyone at city are happy to skip a year of competing in not getting a striker in, like we did when we couldn’t replace Kompany.

No sympathy whatsoever for him.

He was happy to take the lure of a huge contract, Spurs stagnated and have gone backwards, tough sh1t, you win some you lose some, in Spurs case, you win nothing.

Kane has become very wealthy man, so why we should sympathise with him is beyond me.
You won’t because you don’t want him. If he signed stupidly on the basis of a gentlemen’s agreement then it’s not as wild as you’re making out, also like many other players now he may have wanted to sign so that if he then did move the club would get what they want for him. You don’t like him, we get it. Move on.

Not sure where to begin with this mess. Put it this way, the money we are throwing at Kane this year wouldn’t be a million miles away from what could possibly secure Haaland. Kane is the priority and is why we’ve gone nowhere near Haaland nor his wanker of an agent. Chelsea were heavily linked and then changed their target. Haaland a next destination I imagine is almost pretty much sorted. That maybe united, more realistic would be Bayern or Madrid though. I don’t think anyone at city are happy to skip a year of competing in not getting a striker in, like we did when we couldn’t replace Kompany.

Last season we were a semi final and a final away from winning a quadruple with the same squad we have now, and we've added Grealish to it. We know we're an elite number 9 away from taking the side to the next level, but I'm not sure Kane coming here and letting United a free run at Haaland is the best course of action to be honest, at all.

If there's something we don't know, like Bayern have already wrapped Haaland up, then yeah Kane is a no-brainer. But I don't think that's the case, and if it isn't, I don't think failing to meet Levy's absurd valuation this summer is the end of the world. We could be better off next summer anyway.

You won’t because you don’t want him. If he signed stupidly on the basis of a gentlemen’s agreement then it’s not as wild as you’re making out, also like many other players now he may have wanted to sign so that if he then did move the club would get what they want for him. You don’t like him, we get it. Move on.
I don't particular want him but can't see any alternative player of his quality available, but that's not the discussion.

I don't feel sorry for ANY player who signs a long term contract and then suddenly wants to get out of it for whatever reason.

How would you feel last April if Kane had scored the winning goal in the League Cup final? Things could have been very different.

Players are greedy, a vast majority of them are, money always comes first, Kane was happy to sign for 6 years, end of story.

As said earlier, Grealish was in a very similar position, offered a long term, highly financially rewarding contract, but he had the foresight to include a clause which protected him and "his" club.

Last edited:
The last player to score the number of goals Haaland has as an under 21 year old in Europe, was the real Ronaldo. Haaland is the most promising player in Europe.

We can only speculate obviously, but I'm fairly confident that Haaland would be better than Kane for us, largely because I think he's already a better player. His game has absolutely everything.

Haaland won't sign for anyone this summer, but is it the end of the world missing out on Kane, because we won't meet Levy's ridiculous valuation, when Haaland would be up for grabs next summer?
Is he up for grabs next summer, that’s just a guess. Obviously if we don’t get Kane we may or may not be involved. The clubs preference is obviously the same preference Chelsea had get a player in now and be set for a few years. Maybe Chelsea know or suspect something we also know about Haalands plans.
As for Haaland being better for us than Kane now. Nothing to suggest he could yet match Kanes P/L record straight away, especially in the way we play, Kane is better suited. Kane will do the job we want him to, and for at least 3 or 4 seasons. That’ll do me.

Coutinho okay not what we want but a top player available on a 2 year loan, Barca will probably pay half his wage as well, what they will not do is sell him. there are a lot of these loans out there to be had and will be for the next few years
Coutinho? Not what we want…we’ll why would we loan him? He’s not a forward either he plays in a position we are well covered in and he had one good season been shit ever since. This is getting worse

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.