Harry Kane

I can't see it happening, I hope we have a back up target because all our efforts seem to have been just focused on kane. It just isn't going to happen.
To me it seems like Sanchez saga. Price became so unreasonable that we let it go!

Maybe it would be best for both parties if Kane just made a decision about his future, does he want to stay or go? Come on Harry, let's hear from you
Pretty sure Kane has already made his decision clear, and at the expense of ostracising himself from his once adoring fans!! …I don’t know the rest of the details and whether it’s us trying to cheap out on the price or Levy being Levy, but you can’t place blame on Kane in all of this.

What on earth makes you think we weren’t negotiating with Spurs during the Euros?
Whatever... makes no difference.

Levy is a known ****. End of. Any negotiation with him is going to be iffy as to success and if successful will cost a shit-ton.

I get that we like Kane - but there should have been a plan B, plan C and plan D to pressure Levy. And given how things have predictably gone - plan C - Messi predictably leaves Barca because Barca cannot come anywhere near to meeting his wage demands - plan C should have been triggered.

There's nothing really to read into the latest articles. They've been penned by people who won't be getting their info by anyone at the City end of the story.

So there's not an alternative striker across Europe we are interested in and could buy bar Kane this Summer?

What exactly is our scouting network doing?

So your saying a 20 goal a season striker would have scored a hatrick in 10mins yesterday.......that would (based on the type of chances you think he would score) actually make him a 150 goal a season striker! .......or prove that way of thinking is a complete load of bollocks...... i'll go for the latter ;)
No, but he may have scored 1 and that could have been enough.

This has more or less all been agreed. Fee, wages, the lot. Final bits will be getting done now and I reckon no later than Wednesday we will get the breaking news yellow ticker on Sky Sports news saying "City have record £140 million bid accepted" (even though we know this will include the add ons).
I tend to agree with this. Although if it's not done in the next few days I will start to get flashbacks to the Sanchez transfer and how City let it drag until the last day, naively believing Arsenal would be semi-competent and get a replacement signed (Lemar I think) before letting Sanchez go.

When you look at it in hindsight it seems crazy really. Imagine having faith in Arsenal to get their business done. Slight echoes of that with some talk of Spurs wanting to get replacements in first......
But yeah, generally I think it's done. Think City will surely have learned from the Sanchez deal. Even if it was a bullet dodged.

If Kane plays in that conference league he is tied in Europe games right? That would 1000% mean the deal is off. We would never buy a striker we couldn't use in CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.