Harry Kane

We wouldn't accept £20 million just so Kev could leave on good terms with the club. Kane is Spurs best player and most bankable asset and they have agreed him under a long term contract. No reason for them to let him go for under their valuation to City or any other club. Levy has the backing of the Spurs fans and their win over us on Sunday has given him a strong hand - if they continue with a run of good form under Nuno then Levy won't be worried about having a disgruntled striker on his hands. Once 31 August has passed and if we haven't signed him then Kane will fall into line at Spurs and forget about any ambition to play for us.

a player is valued by the mount of contract left ? kane could even buy himself out of spurs for about £50million
so that is the true value to the club. like i said you can not put a price on what he's done or goals he score and say your buying that as well. if that was the case clubs could put a money back guarantee clause if he did not score 40 goals a season

how bad does kane want the move ? would he go down the route of kicking off and buying out his contract ?
if kane wants the move that bad then sorry spurs have to sell and not hold him to ransom and make him stay

With Levey's so called 'Gentleman's agreement' turning out to be a load of bullshit, I'd imagine we've given Kane some sort of agreement so it would be a bit cuntish of us to walk away from this now without coming to some sort of deal. Anyway, I think we'll know something soon(IMO)as it's gone too quiet.
If we were led by Kane’s party to believe that there was a ‘gentleman’s agreement’, when there was in fact no such thing, then why should we now be beholden to that party over our own ‘gentleman’s agreement? Can I be ungentlemanly and disagree? ;-)

Buy him if we want him but only if the deal makes sense to us.

Seems pretty simple to me this.

I consider the fee is agreed.

Spurs need to get their signings, with particular emphasis on Kane's replacement, in before they can / will allow Kane to go.

There is no way Spurs would want the clubs they are buying from to know they have "the Kane money" burning a big hole in their pockets.

Therefore, most of this signing being finalised will depend on whether Spurs can navigate their own situation.

So you reckon the fans wouldn't be pissed off ? I'm not saying pitchforks at the Etihad and can't believe your take me so Literally haha.

You know for a fact everyone would be annoyed if it all went belly up with no alternative.

From mutiny to a bit annoyed.

What a climb down.

we may have well done so with the last and final offer on the table at say 130 and Levy has chucked it in the bin with no response,thats the stage we may well be at,if city had made an offer of 150 which widespresd news is reporting Levy wants then we would be at a stage of near completion, how much do you think hes worth?
You're allowing speculation to dictate your thinking.

If we had walked, do you seriously believe such a story could be kept quiet from both sides?

What is he worth? whatever we believe he is. If that isn't enough and we don't think Levy will compromise, then we will have walked. The fact there is no leaking of that event, suggests to me, this has some legs still, so pulling out because he hasn't signed yet, would be premature as well as naive on our part, and I don't believe we are

The club will pay what the club can afford a sees as value. What difference does it make to you or me whether it's £130 mill or £150 mill.
+ or - of 20 million makes a very big difference to other future signings over the length of contract Kane comes for 4/5 years because we have to account, to suggest it makes no difference to me and you is quite correct, maybe put that question to a Barca fan and im sure he would put you right

With the saga now at the point where levy wants £150+ and city rightfully don't want to spend that amount on a 28 year old kane. Why not just scrap kane and go and buy Dusan Vlahovic and Nuno Mendes.
Target man with lots more pace than kane and a left back we have needed for 5 years plus.
What if the reason for us negotiating the Kane price down was so that we can afford a bid for Mendes?

I’m very reluctant to believe that we are not interested in him this summer.

We wouldn't accept £20 million just so Kev could leave on good terms with the club. Kane is Spurs best player and most bankable asset and they have agreed him under a long term contract. No reason for them to let him go for under their valuation to City or any other club. Levy has the backing of the Spurs fans and their win over us on Sunday has given him a strong hand - if they continue with a run of good form under Nuno then Levy won't be worried about having a disgruntled striker on his hands. Once 31 August has passed and if we haven't signed him then Kane will fall into line at Spurs and forget about any ambition to play for us.

we would sell KDB if he wanted out even if we had to take a fair offer because of his age and contract left at city
its called modern day football and player power

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.