Harry Kane

It's all up to Levy at this point, £150m+ was the reported fee right at the beginning, we reportedly offered £50/£60m less than that or a player + cash, and nothing appears to have changed since. Kane clearly didn't show up to train when he should have done potentially in the hopes that it would rock the boat but Levy doesn't give a fuck and now the season is underway Levy is just waiting for us to "do one". Gentlemen's agreements don't mean jack at the end of the day contracts do and he is under one until 2024. Much like any other contract if Kane really wants out he is going to have to buy his way out because I really can't see us being dictated to, we like to negotiate and right now there isn't any negotiation as Pep has stated himself. If we were going to go to £150m I think we will have done so already. Shame he didn't insert a release clause when he signed his new contract in 2018, more players need to do it.

Last edited:
Or the reality that Levy wants £160m for Kane and we don't want to pay more than £100m plus add-ons and we're at an impasse
Do you figure that City went to Kane, knew that he wanted us, made an arrangement with him and his people to do this thing, did all of the necessary financial work to make certain that they could afford 2 new star players' transfer fees and wages, made no plan B while letting Kun's deal expire... and that they didn't know what the price was going to be?
Or that it would be some sort of moving target because Levy is just that awesome of a negotiator and would play chicken with his Billion-in-debt club's best player who will never be worth this much to him ever again? A player who already has his Spurs team mates tweeting and gramming backhanded digs about him?

I can't see it that way, Bob. Levy isn't an idiot, he knows that 160M never happens and he knows that the die is cast and Harry has checked out. He even gets to look like a sympathetic hero figure to Spurs for getting 20M+ more than our "original offer" of 100M (which was dropped into the Neville interview to feed this contrived narrative). And Harry gets to be the villain. Levy may even use the excuse of the deal being done so late that they haven't time to buy replacements... so he can pay the transfer fee to Spurs' debt... which may have been his goal anyway.

People thought that Villa was driving a hard bargain and negotiations were hot and heavy in the days and weeks leading up to the Grealish announcement... Come to find out that it was done for months. And miraculously, Villa pulls off a sudden flurry of business bringing in new players quickly.

If I'm wrong it will be easy to tell.
But if I'm right, deals will start getting announced for Spurs, the tens-of-Millions of pounds sort that don't happen overnight.

Listen folks. The fact that it has gone quite is indicative that a deal is getting done not the other way around.

relax

Pretty much my take. Plus the fact he is at training and not handed in a transfer request, which he might have been willing to do. Either haggling over addons or more likely Spurs need to bring in a replacement before signing off on it.

Seems pretty simple to me this.

I consider the fee is agreed.

Spurs need to get their signings, with particular emphasis on Kane's replacement, in before they can / will allow Kane to go.

There is no way Spurs would want the clubs they are buying from to know they have "the Kane money" burning a big hole in their pockets.

Therefore, most of this signing being finalised will depend on whether Spurs can navigate their own situation.
well if the fee is agreed, i doubt Kane would play and risk an injury even if he's "still their player"

Seems pretty simple to me this.

I consider the fee is agreed.

Spurs need to get their signings, with particular emphasis on Kane's replacement, in before they can / will allow Kane to go.

There is no way Spurs would want the clubs they are buying from to know they have "the Kane money" burning a big hole in their pockets.

Therefore, most of this signing being finalised will depend on whether Spurs can navigate their own situation.
A bit naive but here's hoping

Kane is a striker, Grealish a midfielder. Was Aguero a better player than David Silva because he scored more goals !? Grealish is also much younger.Deary me.

Depends on what you mean by better player. C Ronaldo is one of the greatest players of all time due to his goal scoring exploits.

There have been many players who have been technically superior to him with their overall ball work though.

Does that make them a better player or does Ronaldo being better at his job within the game (putting the ball in the net) make him the better player?

Kane’s one of the world’s greatest strikers and centre forwards. I’d say that made him a great player.

Why would Levy be holding Kane to ransom ? Kane signed a long term contract with Levy in good faith - unless City meet Levy's valuation then Levy is within his rights to tell Kane to honour his contract and to get on with it. No point in signing a contract if a player can want it waived when the first sniff of outside interest comes along.

the value in kane to spurs is the value of the contract ? its modern day football sadly
the club and chairman can ask for a price but buying clubs now the value of that player contact and player power rules

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.