Harry Kane

Not really. Messi had the same so called agreement he could leave but that all went bollocks up. Kane told us he could leave, 100m would do it but it's heading in the same direction. We owe kane absolutely nothing
Not saying we owe him owt just that he would feel like a bit of a pig in the middle if it all falls through. Not sure he's got any bridges left.

Seems pretty simple to me this.

I consider the fee is agreed.

Spurs need to get their signings, with particular emphasis on Kane's replacement, in before they can / will allow Kane to go.

There is no way Spurs would want the clubs they are buying from to know they have "the Kane money" burning a big hole in their pockets.

Therefore, most of this signing being finalised will depend on whether Spurs can navigate their own situation.
If Spurs currently knock on any door and enquire about any player, then the price is going to go up. This deal has been so protracted and as of recent weeks acrimonious, that whatever leverage Levy gains over us, he loses it in the multiple deals he then has to make.

Anyway Part of me hopes this is all done but when it's getting so close to deadline and all the noise out of spurs saying it's not even close. Anyway I'm gonna give this thread a wide swerve for abit till we know something concrete.

Harry Kane was the leading goal scorer & assist maker last season.

He is English which obviously makes him worth a premium.

The fact that some of you don't think he's worth £150m+ is utter madness. If City were happy to shell out for Grealish who was £100m, a guy who has 15 goals and 16 assists IN HIS WHOLE PREMIER LEAGUE CAREER - Kane has bettered that in 1 season playing for an awful side.

Pay Levy the money and it will get done. It is as simple as that.
Why even claim you are a City fan when you obviously are a Spurs fan?

There is one simple reason as to why we dont value Kane that much higher than Grealish. He is 3 years older and have no resale value, something Grealish has.

£100m would make Kane the most expensive 28 year old in history of football, £120-130m even more so. Spurs fans seem to think its peanuts, but its not like someone else is bidding any higher is there? An asset is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
You seem to think Levy holds all the cards, but remember this; Even if City dont buy Kane we will continue to dominate British football like we have done the last decade. We want him, but we are not desperate. Spurs on the other hand have basically nothing to gain by refusing to sell him. You will not win anything anyway, or compete for top4. You would be stuck with a player not wanting to be there, not having any money to rebuild your squad, and his value will only drop. You can either honour your gentlemen's agreement and sell him to the highest bidder, or keep him out of spite and see your club be doomed for mediocrity even longer. But its fair to say that refusing to sell him will make players think twice before they sign any deal with your club. Tottenham Hotspur, the place where dreams of talented football players go to die.

We have to options, seeming as though levy isn't budging.

Wait until the end of the window then cave in, or hope that levy caves, unlikely I know, but either way losing the player's availability for 2 weeks and risking losing out all together.

Walk away now and find another striker.

Levy may be being pig headed and about to lose himself 50-80m, but if he's set on his strategy then doubtful we can change it. Sounds to me like we're awaiting spurs coming back to negotiate, I don't think they will, so we need to act now one way or the other if we want to being in a striker.

Or it's all gone tits up and we are clutching our own arses scrambling for alternatives.

Harry Kane told Neville on that interview that his price was 100m. I can guarantee that's been fed to us by him and his useless agent. We gone balls deep for him with that offer only for Levy to say nah I want £160m. Of course we just believe he's being abit cheeky and offer 100m plus add-ons but I think Kane and his crew had deeply misled us from the start. I think we've gone above and beyond on this already but spurs still not budging under £160m.
If that was the case Kane would 100% have played yesterday.

the reason he was back late training is so they had an excuse not to play him. Why would they do that with their best player?

because a deal is already agreed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.