Harry Kane

Why even claim you are a City fan when you obviously are a Spurs fan?

There is one simple reason as to why we dont value Kane that much higher than Grealish. He is 3 years older and have no resale value, something Grealish has.

£100m would make Kane the most expensive 28 year old in history of football, £120-130m even more so. Spurs fans seem to think its peanuts, but its not like someone else is bidding any higher is there? An asset is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
You seem to think Levy holds all the cards, but remember this; Even if City dont buy Kane we will continue to dominate British football like we have done the last decade. We want him, but we are not desperate. Spurs on the other hand have basically nothing to gain by refusing to sell him. You will not win anything anyway, or compete for top4. You would be stuck with a player not wanting to be there, not having any money to rebuild your squad, and his value will only drop. You can either honour your gentlemen's agreement and sell him to the highest bidder, or keep him out of spite and see your club be doomed for mediocrity even longer. But its fair to say that refusing to sell him will make players think twice before they sign any deal with your club. Tottenham Hotspur, the place where dreams of talented football players go to die.
100-160MILLION % THIS

There is one simple reason as to why we dont value Kane that much higher than Grealish. He is 3 years older and have no resale value, something Grealish has.

£100m would make Kane the most expensive 28 year old in history of football, £120-130m even more so. Spurs fans seem to think its peanuts, but its not like someone else is bidding any higher is there? An asset is only worth what someone is willing to pay.
You seem to think Levy holds all the cards, but remember this; Even if City dont buy Kane we will continue to dominate British football like we have done the last decade. We want him, but we are not desperate. Spurs on the other hand have basically nothing to gain by refusing to sell him. You will not win anything anyway, or compete for top4. You would be stuck with a player not wanting to be there, not having any money to rebuild your squad, and his value will only drop. You can either honour your gentlemen's agreement and sell him to the highest bidder, or keep him out of spite and see your club be doomed for mediocrity even longer. But its fair to say that refusing to sell him will make players think twice before they sign any deal with your club. Tottenham Hotspur, the place where dreams of talented football players go to die.
Plus, we aren't getting a prime Harry Kane over the length of any likely contract, seems to be a point many are missing on here.

Oouch

We have to options, seeming as though levy isn't budging.

Wait until the end of the window then cave in, or hope that levy caves, unlikely I know, but either way losing the player's availability for 2 weeks and risking losing out all together.

Walk away now and find another striker.

Levy may be being pig headed and about to lose himself 50-80m, but if he's set on his strategy then doubtful we can change it. Sounds to me like we're awaiting spurs coming back to negotiate, I don't think they will, so we need to act now one way or the other if we want to being in a striker.
The sensible thing to do, but the club that has foisted mobile ticketing on the fans and fucked up a twenty year old parking system seem not to be too blessed with a great deal of sense. I'm coming rapidly to the conclusion that City are more interested in fans who cough of £1000 a game, rather than fans who spend that in a season.

he's a fantastic player but it's not exactly the deal of the century in terms of value, surely you'd agree that at best he is *worth* what we paid for him. Yes we have to look ahead, but before you can look ahead you have to look at the present! If you have a limited budget spend it on what you need now, not what you'd need in 2-3 years. That's if and only if we don't get a striker. I think if we get a striker then the grealish transfer makes sense and I have no qualms with it. but if we don't end up bringing a striker because we spend a ton of money on grealish then I am sorry, that's bad business

Grealish will improve us now as well you can tell from his first game he is going to be a big asset for us! The argument of should spent it on Kane first I don’t agree with! We know how hard levy will play hard ball so get grealish done then Kane is the right move.. Kane will get done

I marvel that some posters eat up every spoonful of transfer gossip and create in their own minds a fiction of a daily, hourly even, back and forth struggle between our negotiators and Levy. As if this is how our club does its business.

I may be sorely mistaken, but I have to believe that this deal has been done for ages, months even, and the delay was always going to happen to allow match week 1 to pass by and Levy's deals for new players, deals which themselves may each have been weeks or months in the making, fall into place.

Believing any other interpretation of this story is to believe that City are some levels of stupid and incompetent. And we simply know that this isn't s
If Spurs currently knock on any door and enquire about any player, then the price is going to go up. This deal has been so protracted and as of recent weeks acrimonious, that whatever leverage Levy gains over us, he loses it in the multiple deals he then has to make.
Which is why the noise out of Spurs he that he is not for sale, even though he clearly is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.