Harry Kane

The problem for me is that we appear to be at a standstill. Spurs is a leaky ship, and City aren't much better if half of what TH says on here has gotten out. By all accounts they are still not moving on the price.

That was fine 2 weeks ago but we have reached the point where not signing a striker is materially damaging the team's performance for the season.

How much were the 3 points we dropped on Sunday worth? How much is having Kane in preseason this week worth vs. 2 weeks time? How much is having him available for Norwich worth?

Spending the next 2 weeks knocking £15m off the asking price today is not a victory in any sense if we drop points and Kane is less prepared to hit the ground running.
I think it will end up being close to the valuation that Levy wants. I just think City will see the pros of getting Kane now and not bother trying to negotiate down. Don't think they want to end up doing the deal on deadline day and I think Sprus don't want to be there either as they need the replacement in there as soon as he leaves.

And as per fab's recent tweet, inter rejected bids from spurs and atleti for Martinez and his agent say he will sign a new deal with inter!
Yep, both of their targets since the very start of summer have been difficult to get, the genius that Levy is portrayed to be is unable to convince top players to join his Conference League side.

The problem for me is that we appear to be at a standstill. Spurs is a leaky ship, and City aren't much better if half of what TH says on here has gotten out. By all accounts they are still not moving on the price.

That was fine 2 weeks ago but we have reached the point where not signing a striker is materially damaging the team's performance for the season.

How much were the 3 points we dropped on Sunday worth? How much is having Kane in preseason this week worth vs. 2 weeks time? How much is having him available for Norwich worth?

Spending the next 2 weeks knocking £15m off the asking price today is not a victory in any sense if we drop points and Kane is less prepared to hit the ground running.

We'd be doing well to get 4 good seasons out of Kane, and I can't really work out why apparently we're OK with stacking every card in the deck against him in 1 of those 4 seasons by delaying this move to the point where he has no preseason, no time to learn the system, no time to even settle in off the pitch.

Could possibly get away with another week-if Jesus can manage to help us beat Norwich by scoring (if selected) and arguably the week after when Arsenal rock up,but by the time of the window closing a few days after Arsenal match if nothing done, well……we are in for a hard season

Spurs inability to attract a decent striker is the biggest hurdle in all of this.

this is the least credible journalist in europe probably

he literally said messi landed in paris and 10 minutes later there were pictures of him just chilling in his house, didn't go to paris until 3 days later

If Kane was staying at Spurs he would be tweeting something about it, he is their captain. The fact it’s silent means something is going on. Levy will take this to the wire knowing city will have to pay what he wants come dead line day.

we have no plan b unless Ronaldo would come to us which isn’t impossible in this crazy world.

either way our striker search is going to dead line day which is a bit crap planning. We are also getting our pants pulled down either way as we are desperate for a striker.

Do we know what the delay is? I'm guessing it's both parties not yet budging. C-suite geezers are mostly alpha males (and borderline sociopathic in my experience), so I'm guessing there's ego at play here, too - lashings of it.
It's likely playing out like the Bale transfer. They need their signings in first, and as much as it inconveniences us they're entitled to hold out until they do so.

The big issue is that they seem to be struggling themselves on that front.

If Kane was staying at Spurs he would be tweeting something about it, he is their captain. The fact it’s silent means something is going on. Levy will take this to the wire knowing city will have to pay what he wants come dead line day.

we have no plan b unless Ronaldo would come to us which isn’t impossible in this crazy world.

either way our striker search is going to dead line day which is a bit crap planning. We are also getting our pants pulled down either way as we are desperate for a striker.
Has he yet commented on their win on Sunday?

There's also the little fact that we snubbed Messi on a free because we were obsessed with securing Harold.
Even if this is remotely true, we rejected to go in again for him because hes been giving us the run around for years. Only now when hes been booted out of Barca he wants to come crawling back, not the player we want at the club.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.