Harry Kane

Or before it. They're not fucking idiots at Spurs.
Tell you something else. Nobody is going to be convinced by this little charade involving Solihull Moors. Least of all Levy.
They know who we want. But they also know who he wants. That's our one position of strength. But there are a number of weaknesses counterbalancing it. Not sure this'll get over the line.
Hey, so long as we get the 40 points to safety, eh?
1629206800806.png

I think what needs to be realised us that this sounds like a complicated deal is get done. A huge deal like this can't be done overnight and demands lots of work to be put into it. For there not be any alternatives City must be 100% sure they can get this deal over the line. It will get done when it gets done. Am still very confident this will get over the line.

The problem for me is that we appear to be at a standstill. Spurs is a leaky ship, and City aren't much better if half of what TH says on here has gotten out. By all accounts they are still not moving on the price.

That was fine 2 weeks ago but we have reached the point where not signing a striker is materially damaging the team's performance for the season.

How much were the 3 points we dropped on Sunday worth? How much is having Kane in preseason this week worth vs. 2 weeks time? How much is having him available for Norwich worth?

Spending the next 2 weeks knocking £15m off the asking price today is not a victory in any sense if we drop points and Kane is less prepared to hit the ground running.

We'd be doing well to get 4 good seasons out of Kane, and I can't really work out why apparently we're OK with stacking every card in the deck against him in 1 of those 4 seasons by delaying this move to the point where he has no preseason, no time to learn the system, no time to even settle in off the pitch.

What if the reason for us negotiating the Kane price down was so that we can afford a bid for Mendes?

I’m very reluctant to believe that we are not interested in him this summer.
Why are you reluctant to believe we’re not after Mendes when there has been an official club statement saying we aren’t interested this window?

all we had to wait for the Spurs game to be over, but now feels like all we have to wait for their game against Wolves to be over on Sunday?

but if he does not play against Pacos Ferreira for them, or Wolves on Sunday, thats a good sign imo.

Spurs inability to attract a decent striker is the biggest hurdle in all of this.

And as per fab's recent tweet, inter rejected bids from spurs and atleti for Martinez and his agent says he will sign a new deal with inter!

The problem for me is that we appear to be at a standstill. Spurs is a leaky ship, and City aren't much better if half of what TH says on here has gotten out. By all accounts they are still not moving on the price.

That was fine 2 weeks ago but we have reached the point where not signing a striker is materially damaging the team's performance for the season.

How much were the 3 points we dropped on Sunday worth? How much is having Kane in preseason this week worth vs. 2 weeks time? How much is having him available for Norwich worth?

Spending the next 2 weeks knocking £15m off the asking price today is not a victory in any sense if we drop points and Kane is less prepared to hit the ground running.
Do we know what the delay is? I'm guessing it's both parties not yet budging. C-suite geezers are mostly alpha males (and borderline sociopathic in my experience), so I'm guessing there's ego at play here, too - lashings of it.

We'd be doing well to get 4 good seasons out of Kane, and I can't really work out why apparently we're OK with stacking every card in the deck against him in 1 of those 4 seasons by delaying this move to the point where he has no preseason, no time to learn the system, no time to even settle in off the pitch.

There's also the little fact that we snubbed Messi on a free because we were obsessed with securing Harold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.