Harry Kane

I’ve heard what a few others have, that City are very confident of getting this deal done. It’s such a strange one with Spurs seemingly putting out the opposite message.
This most likely means city are hoping levy will give in to their bid and spurs say he wont.I highly doubt anyone is confident.

Where’s is going to find it? Unless the owner for once puts his hand in his pocket!
I'm not being sarcastic but you gave a way he could be able to pay it. All I meant in my previous post was that I don't believe selling Kane is his only option to pay their tax bill and we don't know the ins and outs of Spurs finances so I don't think that tax bill means Spurs are under pressure to sell to pay it.

I don't know if that makes any sense i've got the flu and my head is pounding! lol

@Great Kompany

"
People won't like this but City do take their sweet time for transfers without any release clauses and sometimes they don't get their target.

In my head here is how it goes : Pep tells everyone he needs Kane. The top brass says yes we will do it. We will get you Kane.

As soon as Txiki says yes to Kane - he understands he is talking this player with a three year contract and their main player from fucking Spurs - with a big time **** Levy in charge. At this point for me any logic and reasoning goes out of the window. We will have to pay that 30 million premium because its Levy and because its Spurs.

Is Kane worth that much to us - Hell NO!
But that's the game. It would be naive on our part to decide to get Kane and try to be frugal or logical about it. And it will cost us the season.
Ben White ain't 50 million worth. But he is english and is coming out from a english club. Ofcourse Arsenal had to pay above the odds. It's only logical if they wanted Ben White so much.

Also finding a striker is more difficult than any other position. That's what adds another 20 million."

----------------------------------------

This is a very good post and point I've made over and over again

City do take their sweet time for transfers without any release clauses and sometimes they don't get their target.

We often struggle to clinch the deal as we want to pay market rate or slightly higher whilst the selling club want to hold out for every last penny. We've shown we walk away meaning we don't overpay but do miss out on many of our top targets.

Latest on Spurs targets

Vlahovic - Close to signing for Atletico Madrid

Pau Torres and Jules Kounde - Already rejected them despite Spurs having met RC and wage demands, for lack of CL football

Nandez - Very happy in Italy

Tomiyasu - Spurs do not value him at25M(oh how the tables turn)

In short, the incompetence of Levy to put deals over the line for his own club is now hurting us as well.

Levy knows that the very best deal for Spurs would be to keep Harry Kane... for exactly the same reason signing him would be the best deal for City. Kane is proven - the best striker in the PL. Why would Spurs actually want to sell him only to sign a lesser player?

Regardless of the nonsense spouted by some people on here, Spurs don't actually need to sell Harry Kane this season. He may want to leave, but Spurs are in the driving seat. They won't sell unless we agree to pay what they want, how they want it.

Love him or hate him, Levy is doing the best he can for his club. He knows that Spurs will still get £100m+ for Kane even if he stays for another two seasons. Levy is a long way from being incompetent.

If City don't get this deal over the line, it's nobody's fault but their own.

If we don't have a new striker on our books before the summer window closes, we should all be doubting the competence of our own people.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.