Harry Kane

Yes if he chose to invoke the Webster ruling. Don’t think anyone has gone down this route before though
That is really interesting. I just read up on this Ruling (I hadn’t heard of it before) and if I understand it correctly a player aged 28 or more is entitled to terminate his contract without cause two years after he signed contract whereupon he will be obliged to pay compensation to the other party.

The compensation amount appears to be the value left on his contract (his future earnings) plus legal costs.

I have no idea how much Kane earns or how long is left on his contract but if we assume £150k a week and he has two years left that’s £15.6m. So in theory Kane can buy himself out for less than £20m. What’s to stop him doing that and us paying him a £20m signing bonus ?

It can’t be that easy can it ?

They definitely won't if Kane leaves. That's the gamble Levy has to take if they aspire to qualify for the CL.
Whatever we think of them, Spurs obviously see themselves as an elite club. If they don't have CL aspirations, they may as well give Kane away now.

Never underestimate your rivals... Let's face facts; they're already 3 points ahead of us, and we aspire to retain the title!
Facts: City, United, Chelsea, Liverpool are currently better teams than Spurs.

Who would they replace?

Add Leicester into the mix.

Huge investment, good coach and luck would be needed. Can’t see it.

That is really interesting. I just read up on this Ruling (I hadn’t heard of it before) and if I understand it correctly a player aged 28 or more is entitled to terminate his contract without cause two years after he signed the contract and will be obliged to pay compensation to the other party.

He can buy himself out at an est. cost of 40mil. prob not without Spurs dragging it into court though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.