Harry Kane

So the news today is the Levy is refusing to talk about Kane to anyone, that is exactly the same story from a week or so ago

I would expect in the next couple of days either we see it as a lost cause if indeed Levy doesn't want to negotiate, which I doubt is the case and let it known we are walking away.

Alternatively Kane will put in a transfer request and then he really takes the blame and Levy will accept a very good offer and one that is affordable to City and the deal will get done.

There is no doubt that Spurs are looking to sell Kane but are hindered by the fact they cant get his replacement

The end game in either an agreed deal or no deal will be reached if not signed in the next few days imo.

Yes it’s obvious that Kane wants to put his own version of what’s going on out there and this is the result.

Levy and Kane are at each other’s throats via the press. This is not a cordial situation or City giving Spurs time. I’ve no doubt that Spurs have lined up a replacement for if things change and they get the money they want but I don’t think it’s a sign things are progressing well.

I don’t think City can do much about this falling out between Kane and Levy and I doubt it’s something City wanted. We are on the outside looking in.

Nothing is happening other than an internal dispute at Spurs and, until they stop fighting our calls will go unanswered. It’s like your girlfriend might be leaving you for another bloke and, while you are arguing with her and trying to get her to stay, the other bloke keeps ringing up asking how things are going!

Levy does have form for this sort of thing and tends to sell at the last second. Perhaps it will happen again but there is no way this dispute is all for show, this is a huge public falling out at Spurs between two people who both believe the other has acted badly and tried to show the other up. Football is all about money and egos.

Last edited:
Wouldn't get rushed back at City tho.
So he’d miss even more games… ;-)

I know what you mean, but you see de Bruyne coming off the bench at the weekend and you realise how precarious a playing career is. A bad injury on international duty, hardly any preseason. and yet he’s thrust back into the fray. These guys want to play and declare themselves fit, often when they shouldn’t, and circumstances don’t always dictate that the management makes the wisest decision.

Well this transfer do reek of couple of things :

Target only those players who definitely wanna come and will move earth and moon to do it.

Fernandinho did it
KDB refused a few offers from others
Even Grealish
If this eventually happens I will move Kane to this category too.

Target clubs whose presidents aren't total arseholes

Napoli
Spurs
Dortmund comes to mind. They are dick and they hate us too.
A common theme between these clubs - serial underachiever

A deal with Barcelona Bayern or PSG would be smoother than this Levy BS.

The fact we have no back up option of another striker, even for a year, stinks of pure arrogance. If we don’t get a striker we WILL struggle. Last year was a fluke and ultimately, everyone else was crap. I doubt we would be as successful without a striker this year.
A disaster.

So the news today is the Levy is refusing to talk about Kane to anyone, that is exactly the same story from a week or so ago

I would expect in the next couple of days either we see it as a lost cause if indeed Levy doesn't want to negotiate, which I doubt is the case and let it known we are walking away.

Alternatively Kane will put in a transfer request and then he really takes the blame and Levy will accept a very good offer and one that is affordable to City and the deal will get done.

There is no doubt that Spurs are looking to sell Kane but are hindered by the fact they cant get his replacement

The end game in either an agreed deal or no deal will be reached if not signed in the next few days imo.
What’s the point of a transfer request? It’s clear he wants to leave it doesnt mean Spurs will let him go and Kane loses money.

I don’t think Spurs are looking to sell at all they will be happy to keep their best player which is why they gave him a long contract.

I don’t think we can put a timescale on Spurs resolving their dispute it’s not something City are in full control of.

Target clubs whose presidents aren't total arseholes

Napoli
Spurs
Dortmund comes to mind. They are dick and they hate us too.
A common theme between these clubs - serial underachiever

A deal with Barcelona Bayern or PSG would be smoother than this Levy BS.
It's because they see this as their chance to score points over a club they wish were a 'rival'.

The fact we have no back up option of another striker, even for a year, stinks of pure arrogance. If we don’t get a striker we WILL struggle. Last year was a fluke and ultimately, everyone else was crap. I doubt we would be as successful without a striker this year.
A disaster.
Last year was a fluke and everyone else was crap?
You sound like the mardarses on sky sports news.
Bet you're ded chuffed with this post aren't you?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.