Harry Kane

edited.well done on fitting so much bullshit into such a small post,
I think that's a bit unfair.

We won the league thanks to Pep's tactical nous (reverting to a false 9 through January and Feb). Other teams started to figure that system out and I'd say the lack of a fully fit, top-level striker actually cost us the Champions League last year.

Honestly No it isn't (the 125m bit)
He's our best player and for me he doesn't even have a price. I wouldn't sell him at all.

But you can understand its not that 125m or whatever is his value its his value to Tottenham..

I think its been pretty clear all Summer that Tottenham want at least 150M to engage in discussions so ...
Levy may be a **** but he's no mug. Kane's value drops the day this window shuts. Spurs are still a biggish club but are going nowhere . ok they beat our B team last week but that's their season done. Kane wants and deserves a bigger stage , just like Modric,Bale and Sol Campbell , all far too big for Spurs .

Maybe Tottenham have a replacement lined up,but the selling club is holding things up?
Maybe selling club wants,say £70m, but spuds saying "£55m,we don't have £70m".
If we launch £130m on the table,maybe Spuds are worried about getting fleeced?
Where's the reports about Spurs for these then? Clearly finding it difficult to attract a striker, Lautaro or Vlahovic. They'll have to pay €70-75m at least.

Where's the media angle now? 'If Spurs want Vlahovic/Lautaro then they should pay what he's worth, else he has a contract with the club and the club's don't need to sell.' 'Lautaro's beef is with Spurs, if they want him so bad they should pay what he's worth!' But no! Levy's balls are down the throats of majority of football journalists, and they have also made some fans who don't want to see it happen (for obvious reasons) believe they are right and it's a totally normal stance on Kane's situation.

It’s what happens when you get your brother to pretend to be a sports agent instead of hiring an actual sports agent

harry kane signed his 6 year contract in june 2018,

charlie kane became harry's agent in december 2018

now he may of had a hand in harry's 6 year contract, but then again he may not of ?, is there a media campaign to discredit charlie as an agent ? maybe levy has threatened to ruin his reputation for trying to get kane away from spurs ?

Its like a spy movie this thread now

Spurs have agreed a price with us but won't announce it until they have replacement found at lower price than they have been quoted.

If the price for Kane is announced then Spurs will have to pay more than they want for the replacement

Too much cloak and dagger this

I’ve just been told that we’ve got a team of people traveling to London tomorrow, looks like it’s one final push to sign him.

Watch this space over the next few days (hopefully )
Thanks mate. Hopefully done and dusted one way or the other.

Really disagree. We saw what happened against Spurs with Ferran up top and we've all seen Jesus miss big chance after big chance. His injury problems only occur because he has to carry his club all the time every game and he always gets rushed back. That won't happen at City. And Kane being 28 means nothing. That's his prime years. Lewa, Suarez are still on it and they're 32+. We've got 2 years left of Pep. This is not the time to be having "off seasons". Trust me we'll have a few of them when Pep's gone
That's a complete speculation, none of us know, which is why it is a risk. Plus more will be expected off him in a Pep system(he'll have to do more running, more pressing, more tackling etc) and we will be relying on him heavily for that price, so I don't think he will have it easier at City.

We never thought Gundogan had a chance of being City's top scorer last season and he's much older and was far less prolific in front of goal than either Torres or Jesus but it happened. You never know who might step up and who's to say that it wont work out best for the long term that the first team coaches start focusing on bringing Delap through now rather than after a loan in the championship? That's a risk too but one that sits much better with me, we'll be ok if we don't get Kane is the point. I don't think others quite get why so many City fans feel this way.

As for not the time to be having off seasons, you might as well have argued there is never a time for bad seasons. It's part of football, I'm not that entitled to expect to win the title every season and I feel it is important to have some principles(not being made mugs of). They really are trying to pull City's pants down and they'll be the ones moaning about City's spending in the press and saying "something needs to be done about City" in the secret PL meetings they have with the cartel club reps/owners. They like Chelsea and their fans these days, are desperate to be accepted as one of the old guard, when they never have been and never will be seen as equals. It's a no from me.

That's just my opinion, one thing is for sure, if the fee goes any higher and we buy him for an absurd amount, I'm certainly not going to be defending it against all the stick City are going to get. Especially if turns out he does just have injury problems and they are going to get more frequent. There would be no defending it.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.