Harry Kane

If you are so sure the deal is happening, why do you think Kane's camp are breifing the press and throwing their toys out the pram? It's because a deal isn't happening.

City need to offer the asking price, and then the negotiations can start. Kane still might go, but are City going to offer us 160 million? because that is what it will take.

At the moment you are nowhere near. I have no idea if you will pay it, but you have the money surely, so if anyone can do it City can. It wouldn't surprise me either way.
Surely if we offer the asking price then that will be the end of the negotiations?

Maybe Tottenham have a replacement lined up,but the selling club is holding things up?
Maybe selling club wants,say £70m, but spuds saying "£55m,we don't have £70m".
If we launch £130m on the table,maybe Spuds are worried about getting fleeced?

So we should pay top whack but they shouldn’t?

Reactions: CC1
Would this actually change anything though?

Spurs can still say no?
Yeah, aside him losing out on some loyalty bonuses it wouldn't affect much. But I think it would maybe put a bit more pressure to sell, they can still say no, I think Kane's trying to get a way out without causing more trouble, but if I were him and seeing as the relationship is already strained, might as well push the final button.

Would this actually change anything though?

Spurs can still say no?
If it goes another week Kane will need to do an interview.
Just come out and say levy broke a promise From last year and I cannot work for a man I don’t trust.
Go nuclear with the whole thing
If levy won’t negotiate, Kane just has to mug him off as publicly as possible and make the situation untenable.
It’s a last resort but it’s coming

If you are so sure the deal is happening, why do you think Kane's camp are breifing the press and throwing their toys out the pram? It's because a deal isn't happening.

City need to offer the asking price, and then the negotiations can start. Kane still might go, but are City going to offer us 160 million? because that is what it will take.

At the moment you are nowhere near. I have no idea if you will pay it, but you have the money surely, so if anyone can do it City can. It wouldn't surprise me either way.
It's not necessarily Kane briefing the press, could be Spurs?
Even if it is Kane though, Levy could just be giving him enough rope to hang himself. By coming out with these articles, it's only going to alienate Spurs fans and reduce the backlash on Levy for selling.

Given Spurs have missed out on Champions League football, I don't see how Levy would sensibly turn down £125m for a 28 year old. Any more than that is pure greed and opportunism on his part. City won't rise to £160m. If the deal doesn't go through (which I don't believe will happen), City will sign Haaland next summer and Spurs won't end up getting a penny.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.