Harry Kane

I meant the deal isn't happening at the moment which is why Kane's camp has briefed to the media. There is a deal to be done, but City seem to be unwilling to meet the valuation.

Kane has already said he will get his head down and try his best for us if the move doesn't happen. He has no more cards to play, he has said he won't hand in a transfer request and he won't do anything further to aggravate the fans. I mean this article has, but then his camp seem to be amateurs. :)

If we get Kane I Guarantee you it won’t be £150m €150m yep

Say we do get Kane at what point will he be fit to play & how many games do we go into without a striker.

it’s insane the champions are going into the 2nd game of a new season without a goal scorer. Any points dropped v Norwich will really hurt us.

after the chairman’s end of season interview I expected us prepared much better than this.
If we sign him he'll be ready after the international break for the Leicester away game on Sept 11.

City need to offer the asking price, and then the negotiations can start. Kane still might go, but are City going to offer us 160 million? because that is what it will take.

At the moment you are nowhere near. I have no idea if you will pay it, but you have the money surely, so if anyone can do it City can. It wouldn't surprise me either way.
Hearing money is not on the table anymore. Straight swap deal Kane for Mendy.

Last edited:
If Levy keeps Kane against his will.

From zero to hero in the eyes of Spurs fans.

A fantastic PR boost for Daniel.(f*ck Kane and his Brother)

We have offices in London like all big clubs. But couldn't say for certain that our hierarchy are based up here.
We absolutely have offices in London, I’ve spent time down their with a lady called Georgina Busquets (no relation to the player!) who heads up the Football Education part of CFG, basically a commercial arm looking to sell CFG branded football academies into the International Provate Schools market.

Most of the execs will travel between Manchester and London. My guess is like a lot of businesses, people will be looking to spend as little time as possible in the city during the pandemic

*At Villa*

His ceiling at City is much, much higher.

Signing Grealish is the not the thing preventing us from signing Kane. The club want value and, as ever, won’t want to be perceived to be paying over the odds.

Khaldoon in particular is very sensitive of the optics. Now we can argue about whether that’s the right or wrong approach, but it’s a fact.

City have budgeted for Grealish and Kane, at a price they think is reasonable.

The only question now is whether our price and Spurs’ price can meet in the middle.

It’s got nothing to do with Jack Grealish.

Don't deny any of that but it was absurd to call him the most promising player in the country when he's not even as good as Foden.

Why would Spurs brief the press about an article criticising Levy? Clear where the article came from, has Charlie's mitts all over it. Entire artciel is basically Kane's camp moaning in the press.....'sources close to the player etc etc'

I think you miscalculate Spurs my friend. We don't need the money, hence why we aren't accepting a derisory 125 million. We have our value and if it isn't met, Kane stays and will probably win the golden boot this season. We don't lose out. You could sign Haaland next summer? For a start that isn't a given anyway, there will be lots of competition for him. Our best chance of CL football is Kane staying and playing upfront with Son. Or we sell him for 160 million and replace hopefully with two quality attackers.

The main issue seems with the whole saga is City are trying to get Kane for a low ball figure. Just 25 million more than Grealish is an insult, Kane's so much more effective and is exactly what City need.
This attitude blows my mind. That derisory £125m is £25m more than anyone has ever (EVER) paid for a player in this country. Its an offer that comes right in the middle of a global pandemic when most clubs haven't got a pot to piss in.

The media are at it as well - "City need to get serious with their offer if they want him" - we haven't offered 50p and Mendy.

Spurs might want £150m and Kane is under contract so thats fair enough, but this idea that City are taking the piss is absolutely laughable considering the offer we have put on the table.

Say we do get Kane at what point will he be fit to play & how many games do we go into without a striker.

it’s insane the champions are going into the 2nd game of a new season without a goal scorer. Any points dropped v Norwich will really hurt us.

after the chairman’s end of season interview I expected us prepared much better than this.
Im sure the Chairman did too but things are not as simple as some fans make them out to be

Yeah of course he's working on his fitness.
What is he working on, running a marathon?
Players stay fit through the post season, two weeks top of training on return?
One can only imagine he's come back looking like the Michelin man and jacamo are supplying his training gear.
All hot air and nonsense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.