Harry Kane

I couldn’t tell you mate, my post was pretty much all that was said in the text….. but I will see if I can find out more.

Doubt it will be medical people though, I’d expect him to travel up here for that.

very true, just thought all our main offices and boss men were based in london, appreciate the update though. :-)

It's not necessarily Kane briefing the press, could be Spurs?
Even if it is Kane though, Levy could just be giving him enough rope to hang himself. By coming out with these articles, it's only going to alienate Spurs fans and reduce the backlash on Levy for selling.

Given Spurs have missed out on Champions League football, I don't see how Levy would sensibly turn down £125m for a 28 year old. Any more than that is pure greed and opportunism on his part. City won't rise to £160m. If the deal doesn't go through (which I don't believe will happen), City will sign Haaland next summer and Spurs won't end up getting a penny.

Why would Spurs brief the press about an article criticising Levy? Clear where the article came from, has Charlie's mitts all over it. Entire artciel is basically Kane's camp moaning in the press.....'sources close to the player etc etc'

I think you miscalculate Spurs my friend. We don't need the money, hence why we aren't accepting a derisory 125 million. We have our value and if it isn't met, Kane stays and will probably win the golden boot this season. We don't lose out. You could sign Haaland next summer? For a start that isn't a given anyway, there will be lots of competition for him. Our best chance of CL football is Kane staying and playing upfront with Son. Or we sell him for 160 million and replace hopefully with two quality attackers.

The main issue seems with the whole saga is City are trying to get Kane for a low ball figure. Just 25 million more than Grealish is an insult, Kane's so much more effective and is exactly what City need.

Wasn’t Grealish supposed to get number 19 or have I misremembered that?
No bud you’ve remembered correctly, that was the information I was given, and by all accounts Grealish thought he was being given the number 19 shirt (after Gazza), and only realised he was number 10 when he was given the shirt on the day he signed

Those comments from Kane are just platitudes for the fans and what every professional utters; his beef now is with Levy and his apparent reneging on an agreement, so you’ll now see the media question whether the prolonged aggravation is worth it.

The people running Spurs/City are not amateurs, nor are Kane and his people, and I’m sure they’ll reach an agreement. I’m also sure Levy will come out and say it is a deal that meets ‘the value’ Spurs wanted, and that we’ll all interpret those words differently.

i’m 100% sure ‘kane and his people’ are amateurs and that’s why this whole saga has been a mess from the beginning

Why would Spurs brief the press about an article criticising Levy? Clear where the article came from, has Charlie's mitts all over it. Entire artciel is basically Kane's camp moaning in the press.....'sources close to the player etc etc'

I think you miscalculate Spurs my friend. We don't need the money, hence why we aren't accepting a derisory 125 million. We have our value and if it isn't met, Kane stays and will probably win the golden boot this season. We don't lose out. You could sign Haaland next summer? For a start that isn't a given anyway, there will be lots of competition for him. Our best chance of CL football is Kane staying and playing upfront with Son. Or we sell him for 160 million and replace hopefully with two quality attackers.

The main issue seems with the whole saga is City are trying to get Kane for a low ball figure. Just 25 million more than Grealish is an insult, Kane's so much more effective and is exactly what City need.

grealish was a release clause - not a valuation. why is this still being passed around as a valid argument. it’s a completely different beast.

Say we do get Kane at what point will he be fit to play & how many games do we go into without a striker.

it’s insane the champions are going into the 2nd game of a new season without a goal scorer. Any points dropped v Norwich will really hurt us.

after the chairman’s end of season interview I expected us prepared much better than this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.