Harry Kane

Don't deny any of that but it was absurd to call him the most promising player in the country when he's not even as good as Foden.
Have to mildly disagree.
Phil is a fantastic young player with great technical ability for one so young. Jack isn't too shabby on that score but beats him hands down with experience.

Give it a few years, then that will equalise out.

However, they both play in blue so who cares

i’m 100% sure ‘kane and his people’ are amateurs and that’s why this whole saga has been a mess from the beginning
That’s a fresh perspective. Next time I’m in a bazaar haggling over a carpet, I’ll just blame the carpet for the negotiations taking so long…

I think it is arrogant not having a back up option. The back up option being continue as we are isn’t going to work in my opinion.

I don’t think Jesus is up to it, I know the fanvase is split on that but I really don’t think he’s good enough to lead our attack. I’d rather have had an ings for a season than no striker
Could we have signed Ings for one season?

I think you're misunderstanding my central argument; Kane may be worth 125m+ to City but that is because City are content enough to pay beyond his fair value. I don't believe Kane is worth 125m, the reason I mentioned the hypothetical example was to illustrate that valuing Kane at 125m at 28 would inadvertently and inherently value Kane at somewhere between 250m-300m a few years ago which I also don't believe his value to be.

I like the idea of having resale value, not because we ever want to sell the player but because it gives us an out if things don't go to plan. Felix has relatively underperformed at Atletico but they have an out. Kane is total risk. We bought the likes of Silva and Aguero who had tons of resale value without ever having the intention to sell them and it put us in an incredibly strong position.

You're right about any player getting injuries or losing form but a 28 year old for 125m means the margin for error is far smaller than other cases. Less clubs willing to take them on, longer recovery times, inability to adapt their games to new injuries etc.

I get why City want Kane in a market that isn't particularly plentiful but I hope, if we do sign him, it's a one off type signing.
I trust our player acquisition board have done their homework too. You see the major difference between Kane & Felix, is that Kane is proven at the highest level, in the toughest league in the world.

Felix was/is a prospect, & like many wonderkids, he could fulfill his potential, fall just short of it into Championship-like mediocrity, or at 29 he could be like Jack Wilshere who's currently training in his local park with a few lads from a Sunday League team, whilst he's "Looking for the right opportunity, from the right club either in the UK, or abroad."

There are no guarantees, but right now we've released Aguero, & need a proven replacement. Where Jesus is concerned, for many the jury is still out, but beneath that is where we can start to take chances on potential & consider their future resale values if it all goes tits up.

I think it is arrogant not having a back up option. The back up option being continue as we are isn’t going to work in my opinion.

I don’t think Jesus is up to it, I know the fanvase is split on that but I really don’t think he’s good enough to lead our attack. I’d rather have had an ings for a season than no striker
Could we have signed Ings for one season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.