Harry Kane

I didn’t say you had, but you getting over-excited and acting like a billy big bollox shrill scouser is acutely embarrassing to our support so you should grow up or go and squeak on rawk with the other deluded ferals.
Scous-alike or not I maintain that Bernardo will NOT be going to Spurs. They are beneath him. If he goes he goes abroad to another top level club.

Alright la?

Selling before we can buy is likely a load of bollocks (unless its always been a necessity and no one has reported it).

Highly doubt this could be a new issue (if it is one) just because Spurs are demanding an extra £25m or whatever.

Only 3 reasons I can see it could matter:
1) We need to open a squad place.
No idea if this is an issue but nothing has changed in the last week so it can’t have become an issue suddenly.
2) We need the cash as spurs are demanding a larger cash upfront deal than we expected.
Again not sure if we’re strapped for cash, but if we are, there are ways of obtaining cash from other financing means. Selling a player is not an efficient way to do this. Often fees are paid off over time anyway and there aren’t many clubs out there with cash to burn.
3) We need to improve our accounting profits to fund the higher fee.
Assuming a 5 yr contract and fee has gone from £125m to £150m. Thats an extra £25m over 5 years so £5m of costs to offset this year. We don’t need to sell a big player to save for that!

I get that Ric and I respect it... but isn't that his job?
Yeah, I guess so but in the past, or perhaps in a different medium, then journalists would wait until they were sure on something. The nature of the internet and social media means people are crying out for immediacy - employers as well as audience. Say nothing and you risk looking like you’re out of the loop, make a claim that doesn’t materialise and your reputation can be in tatters. Not surprised so many football journos opt to hedge their bets.

I guess it’d make sense if City were confident that Spurs would be more willing to compromise over the price initially. We don’t have an unlimited budget, so if we have to pay more than expected for Kane it seems plausible enough that we may have to sell to fund it.
If we have to pay £150m, there will definitely be players leaving imo. Most likely Bernardo and possibly Jesus, but I just hope we get a decent price for them and not accept a low offer.

Having to sell a player first has to be bollox surely ,its been going on for months and this hasn't been mentioned until today
Most probably. However City need to keep up a certain public perception that (A) we need to sell before we buy and (B) Pretending to give a fuck about FFP to the baying mob.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.