Harry Kane

This made me laugh a little from the Spurscommunity Forum.

[IMG alt="Spartanspurs"]https://cdn.spurscommunity.co.uk/data/avatars/m/25/25380.jpg?1623073110[/IMG]

Spartanspurs

Joined Jul 2, 2013 Messages 393

Today at 8:25 PM
#44,843
I've actually just come over quite sad now about the whole thing. A lot of us (myself included) borderline worshipped the man and it felt so awesome to have "one of our own" be one of the very best players in the world. Someone most other fans were genuinely terrified to see on the team sheet. So now that the initial anger to the way he's seemingly tried to fuck us over has died down a bit, it's all just a bit sad.

Ultimately I think he's just a bit thick, or at least someone who's never really faced much in the way of adversity so doesn't have a very developed view of the world. He was easily swept along by the narrative of "winning trophies" and hasn't considered what his long term legacy could of been. I do genuinely believe he'll regret the move, whether it takes 5 years or 20.

Just a big, big shame to think what could have been.

Our greatest players have spread over the last 10 years.
It’d be one season where we ‘might’ not win anything.
People are asking if we don’t get get Kane are we happy not winning anything.
Like it’s a guarantee, it’s not.
We pay £150m for Kane (the asking price) and the ramifications of that will go on much longer than a season.
That’s not a guarantee either, tbf.

This made me laugh a little from the Spurscommunity Forum.

[IMG alt="Spartanspurs"]https://cdn.spurscommunity.co.uk/data/avatars/m/25/25380.jpg?1623073110[/IMG]

Spartanspurs

Joined Jul 2, 2013 Messages 393

Today at 8:25 PM
#44,843
I've actually just come over quite sad now about the whole thing. A lot of us (myself included) borderline worshipped the man and it felt so awesome to have "one of our own" be one of the very best players in the world. Someone most other fans were genuinely terrified to see on the team sheet. So now that the initial anger to the way he's seemingly tried to fuck us over has died down a bit, it's all just a bit sad.

Ultimately I think he's just a bit thick, or at least someone who's never really faced much in the way of adversity so doesn't have a very developed view of the world. He was easily swept along by the narrative of "winning trophies" and hasn't considered what his long term legacy could of been. I do genuinely believe he'll regret the move, whether it takes 5 years or 20.

Just a big, big shame to think what could have been.
Kyle Walker massively regrets the move…

Our greatest players have spread over the last 10 years.
It’d be one season where we ‘might’ not win anything.
People are asking if we don’t get get Kane are we happy not winning anything.
Like it’s a guarantee, it’s not.
We pay £150m for Kane (the asking price) and the ramifications of that will go on much longer than a season.

But the OP was talking about long term, not one season. And signing Kane isn't a one season impact, it's 4-5 seasons.

Think the squad space is potentially an issue, in terms of CL at least. Maybe they’d be willing to leave someone like Mendy out though if it came to it.

E8Go2DzX0AEDJoe.png

We've got enough space if we needed to even for CL. Foden doesnt count just yet luckily. They could get to Jan window with a couple in HG or not. Rotation would be a pain though, especially if he looking at Palmer, Lavia, Delap etc in cup games.

Think the squad space is potentially an issue, in terms of CL at least. Maybe they’d be willing to leave someone like Mendy out though if it came to it.
There's no chance we'd leave Mendy out. If we had to leave out a senior player it would be Carson, and we'd register Slicker as our 3rd Keeper.

Yeah, I guess so but in the past, or perhaps in a different medium, then journalists would wait until they were sure on something. The nature of the internet and social media means people are crying out for immediacy - employers as well as audience. Say nothing and you risk looking like you’re out of the loop, make a claim that doesn’t materialise and your reputation can be in tatters. Not surprised so many football journos opt to hedge their bets.
Maybe I'm wrong but Sam Lee to me seems a bit isolated.

Most other top clubs have 2 or 3 super active journalists (at least) focussing on them. Guys who will be active on twitter, constantly providing some kind of updates, engaging with fans, constantly writing articles etc.

With City though it's just Sam as far as I know. There are a small number of others but Martin Blackburn is effectively a shadow and Gaughan isn't overly active. So anything he puts out, he might be the only credible guy doing so which in the eyes of some would make him more of an elevated ITK than anything.

I think that puts Sam in a unique position where there's a lot of pressure on him, more so than a lot of other similar journalists.

But the OP was talking about long term, not one season. And signing Kane isn't a one season impact, it's 4-5 seasons.
The original question I replied to was “ Really? You'd rather not win a trophy than pay for Kane?”

Quality, although the sheath comes across as almost reasonable in the exchange, the other twat is just an absolute clown.

I would change my normal habits and tune in to watch that prick eat humble pie if we sign Kane.
I've not watched much of SSN at all, but the 2 or 3 times I have Dharmesh whilst uninformed doesn't seem outlandish. That might have something to do with having notorious anti-City Kaveh next to him though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.