Harry Kane

I don't understand what you are saying . If you don't believe the report that's upto you. I don't want to force you to believe something .

There is a third option.

That the report was briefed from City to set a narrative as part of the negotiations, rather than just filling a friendly reporter in on the full truth of the deal.

Clubs do this all the time. If they want to state facts, they communicate directly through a club official. City do this all the time via Pep’s press conferences when we want to distance ourselves from a story.

But if they want to try and set a narrative which can’t be directly traced back to them when it turns out to be bollocks - they use their friendly press pack.

That’s how the world of football works these days.

Just because the story may have originated from City, doesn’t mean it’s the absolute truth. Particularly not when delivered like this.

It’s part of a negotiation, and should be seen in that context.

Paul Hirst may well be close to City, in which case this may well be a briefing directly from the Club.

In which case, it’s clearly the position they want to put out there. But that doesn’t mean it’s an unguarded and open representation of the truth.

You need to apply some critical thinking to this, rather than just accepting every word at face value. That’s not how clubs use their relationships with the press - surely you’re not so naive you don’t grasp that?

I have no doubt City want to put it out there that they can’t afford to buy Kane until they sell first. They’re in the middle of a complex negotiation - of course they want that out there from a reputable source.

People are way too fast to accept everything they read on Twitter or in the papers as fact, without applying any critical analysis to it.
I agreed with this when you posted it yesterday, and agree again now, because it’s a message that bears repeating and reminding to some I think.

I don't understand what you are saying . If you don't believe the report that's upto you. I don't want to force you to believe something. Report states city wants to offload to sign kane .
In your original post you said

"We have to offload to match levy's price."

Other posters then asked you to prove that is a fact. You then posted a tweet in which some journalists are speculating we have to sell to buy Kane. You have interpreted that tweet as fact but it's not, it's an opinion.

Unless City issue a statement saying we have to sell to buy Kane all these tweets and rumours are just opinions not fact

There is a third option.

That the report was briefed from City to set a narrative as part of the negotiations, rather than just filling a friendly reporter in on the full truth of the deal.

Clubs do this all the time. If they want to state facts, they communicate directly through a club official. City do this all the time via Pep’s press conferences when we want to distance ourselves from a story.

But if they want to try and set a narrative which can’t be directly traced back to them when it turns out to be bollocks - they use their friendly press pack.

That’s how the world of football works these days.

Just because the story may have originated from City, doesn’t mean it’s the absolute truth. Particularly not when delivered like this.

It’s part of a negotiation, and should be seen in that context.
Fair enough.

Please City do not pay the ridiculous £150m asking price for that Cockney donkey. We will become the laughing stock of English soccer and even the neutrals will hate us. Every team will want to beat us for their fans.
Soccer. Turd

In your original post you said

"We have to offload to match levy's price."

Other posters then asked you to prove that is a fact. You then posted a tweet in which some journalists are speculating we have to sell to buy Kane. You have interpreted that tweet as fact but it's not, it's an opinion.

Unless City issue a statement saying we have to sell to buy Kane all these tweets and rumours are just opinions not fact
City never ever issue statement on transfers. You would be naive to believe that. I posted link of reporters (not some reporter but very respected ones) who are believed to be very close to the club. If you expect me to quote a line from city website, I give up. Good day!

I agreed with this when you posted it yesterday, and agree again now, because it’s a message that bears repeating and reminding to some I think.

Fair comment - I realise I’m repeating myself here, which is never a great trait - but I’m baffled by the lack of critical analysis behind so many posters on this.

Just a blind acceptance that if it’s in the paper from a reputable source, it must be the complete and unguarded truth.

well I'll wait until the 24 hours tomlie said are over. if no news come out hes a bald fraud

Loool.

Tbf he did say "could be" big news, it's not his first rodeo. Knows how to cover his bases.

I reckon maybe it's City entourage in London and Kane whacks in transfer request today or tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.