Harry Kane

We won’t be compensating him for having the number 9 instead of number 10. If it’s an issue for him he’ll be told to fuck off to the conference league and forget about winning trophies.
Don’t really get why any player, Messi, Ronaldo, whoever, would get hung up on a number on a shirt when they are getting paid hundreds of thousands a week to kick a ball for whatever team.
It shows you how far we’ve gone from jumpers for goalposts.

Seriously though. For registration purposes let them have a club PIN and go back to the match day numbers 1-11 handed out by the manager on the day. Nobody would own the match day numbers, like watching your local schoolboy team.

Honestly. It’s not as stupid as it sounds.

So I've missed a lot today it seems. Have we been given permission to speak to kane ? Fee agreed etc ?

But it asks the question of why we prioritised the Grealish signing when Kane was needed much more. I believe it was a case of one out of the two and we've got it wrong. I may be wrong but I think we have to sell before anybody else comes in
Maybe other teams were in for Grealish and maybe we needed to beat them to the punch (?)

Doesn't seem like anybody else is in for Kane so not as urgent (?)

The burning question is, is it a showstopper?
I doubt it mate. I’ve sat and read the comments on here, and people seem to think Kane has thrown the baby out with the bath water, about a “number” when I’m not sure that’s the case.

Kane will have sponsors who have a vested interest in which shirt number he wears, he will have image rights that need to be considered. I think it’s really shortsighted and of city to make such a blunder. Kane’s people have the right to be pissed off about the situation.

Saying that, the bigger picture is Kane signs for City, plays the beautiful game under Pep, wins trophies, builds is brand that way. I’m sure this will all be sorted.

I can't work out whether some people are on a wind-up or they literally believe everything they read. Not only do they believe everything, they then use it as ammo in a made up argument or to have a pop at Kane or whoever. Wouldn't surprise me if they still get worked up watching American wrestling.
Meanwhile @mattyb has just ordered another pint and watched 20 pages of nonsense unfold.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.