Harry Kane

yep, got the price he wanted and was happy with and more than he thought market value was

Can you give me an instance where he did not sell and the player stayed at Spurs and remained happy and productive?

Modric for one season is all I can think of.

Also add Berbatov to the list.

If HK signs too early then the spurs fans will be screaming for Levy to blow ALL the cash and that's the last thing Levy and the board want. Let Kane go as late as possible, scramble to get a cheapo replacements, tell the fans it's our (City's) fault HK was sold so late and they couldn't spend all the cash. When window shuts they all pocket the cash. Just my opinion but if HK is indeed coming to us then that's how this will play out.
Safe to say that now. IMO Spurs would be very stupid to keep him. It would be burning money and would lock in an unhappy player in their camp. Levy is under pressure here. Not City.

No I didn't I replied to another posters comment, with commens made by spurs no point did I say he wasn't in my opinion but as it was hours ago and lends fuck all to his transfer so really doesn't matter what was said 8 pages back.

Hasn't changed anything signing wise.

It was mate, like one of those old deleted tweets that come back to bite footballers in the arse.

Your heartfelt humbling apology is still valid though in my book…. Just don’t let me catch you at it again!
How is your holiday going, you back for Arsenal

Personally, I have no idea whatsoever what is going on between our board and the Spurs board. I am surprised there is both so much knowledge and so much flapping in this thread; juxtapositions are us!

Mate i totally agree ))

Levy moving goalposts to get extra out of deals both buying and selling has cost us deals in the past i feel.

Whatever he has told city the fee will be, if he has at all, if city reach that then it wont just be done going on what levy has done before, he will then try and stick extras on. Your guys would know and expect this from levy though im sure.

You may still get kane and if you do you are getting a quality player, although as fans we want to get a good deal or a bargain it doesnt really matter, only when a player ends his time with you can you say whether he was worth the fee or not, if you looked back at my few previous posts when we sold walker i said levy would get his price but if you paid it you wouldnt regret it as good player, he has done well for you, especially compared to mendy who you paid about the same for.

Must be a hugely frustrating scenario to watch over and over again mate - I feel for you.

You want your Chairman to be doing the best to make your club competitive, not just to earn the most money he can for the Club’s owner. None of us watch football to revel in the health of our Club’s balance sheet. We want to be competitive, to be recognised as the best team in every competition we play in, we want football that’s a delight to watch, and to see the best players in the world working together as a team, we want the hope - every season - that this will be the best one in our history.

Spurs have the money and the draw to be up there doing all of that. It must drive you mad that your chairman is more interested in pissing about padding out his own reputation through how we goes about selling all your best players, and then congratulating himself on keeping most of the money out of the team.

Last edited:
Can you give me an instance where he did not sell and the player stayed at Spurs and remained happy and productive?

Modric for one season is all I can think of.

Also add Berbatov to the list.
You can add Kane to the list as well if we’re to believe we also tried to sign him last summer. Probably why he’s now kicking off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.