Harry Kane

Haha - we have misconceptions!!!! If you are still reading pal, our owner isn't pumping money, and hasn'nt for a while - but you continue getting your opinions from red tops and bitter failed political journalists, while we disapear into the distance.

I apologise if I did get my point across well. That was not intended as a dig at City in anyway. I was just making the point that financially, one cannot compare Spurs with the likes of City, United or Chelsea.

Do you think a striker will come in mate ?
I hope so, the striker I would love isn't but there must be someone out there that can do a job for us.

I have serious reservations about Kane and especially with the sums mention.

We just need someone that can put away the simple chances we create, someone to lead the line, there must be an alternative to Kane if it becomes impossible to complete that deal.

As long as City are complying with FFP (which you are according to the recent court ruling), I have no issues with your owners' spending mate.

Long-term sucess for Spurs is very different to what it is for City as you guys have become a super club over the last decade.

We certainly had oppurtunities to win trophies during Levy's reign and we had squads/teams good enough to win atleast an FA Cup or a couple more League Cups.

However, we have repeatedly fallen at the final hurdle. I just think it is unfair to place the entire blame on Levy for that.
We have always been a super club, especially in 1981 when you robbed us.

Now it's our turn.

My rag associate tried taking the before .

Said we had the worst strike force(torres, jesus, delap) in top 4. (Utd Chelsea pool) hard to argue then went on to say worst of Europe's big guns

Psg
Bayern
Athletic
Barca
Juve
Bayern

Then ended with worst in prem.

We need this guy NOW.

The most memorable part of that falling out was Pochettino saying Walker couldn't play 2 games a week.

Hes played 220 games in 4 seasons for club and country since.

By the end of this season he'll have played more games for City than Spurs.
The funniest part was when they 'dropped' him for Trippier a few weeks before the end of the season and said he was 'no longer first choice' as Trippier was better. Despite the fact they dropped him because it was well known he wanted out.

Said we had the worst strike force(torres, jesus, delap) in top 4. (Utd Chelsea pool) hard to argue then went on to say worst of Europe's big guns

Psg
Bayern
Athletic
Barca
Juve
Bayern

We need this guy NOW.
because your rag mate said so

Psg
Bayern
Athletic
Barca
Juve
Bayern

We need this guy NOW.
Choose better mates if I was you

Spurs fan in peace. I have been ocassionally skimming through the posts in this thread for the past couple of weeks just to get a guage of how likely City fans think the deal is to go through.

While reading through the posts, I realised that several of you have some misconceptions about Tottenham and Levy.

So, I want to dispell a couple of myths that I have repeatedly read:

1) Spurs need to sell Kane because they need the money

Anyone who has done any research on our stadium debt will know that is bullshit. The debt is spread over more than two decades and involves minimul interest payments every year.

In fact, the interest payment owed annually are a small fraction of the increase in matchday income as a result of our move from White Hart Lane. So, if anything we are now in a financially stronger position after moving to the new stadium.

Our wage bill is also extremely managable compared to the other big clubs in the league

2) Levy is a bad chairman who cares more about winning in negotiaitons than about Tottenham's long-term sucess.

If you look at how much Spurs have grown commercially worldwide since ENIC bought the club, you will obviously realise that this is crap.

The reason we are now among Europe's top ten richest clubs is because of Levy. Income wise, we were far off the pace of the traditional 'big four' when he took over as chairman but owing to the new stadium and our commercial growth, we are now in the same league as the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal in terms of the revenue we generate.

One also has to keep in mind that Spurs are a self-sustaining club, who do not have owners pumping money in. So, the only way for us to keep competing near the top over the long-term was to build a new stadium.

To blame Levy for Tottenham's lack of recent silverware is harsh when we constantly keep bottling semifinals and finals.

However, the team has certainly improved steadily on the pitch. Last season was the first time Spurs finished outside the top six in around 12 years, which shows how far we have come from the 90s an early 2000s.

3) Tottenham are a selling club

People keep mentioning Carrick and Berbatov, without realising that those sales were 15 years ago.

In both Modric's and Bale's case (which were also a decade ago), Levy actually stuck to his guns and refused to sell them to a domestic rival. In fact, he actually rejected a bigger bid from Chelsea for Modric before chosing to sell him to Real Madrid 12 months later.

The Kyle Walker case was different as he had fallen out with Pochettino, who started Trippier ahead of him in our final 10 games of the 2016/17 season. Pochettino wanted Walker sold.

If I were a betting man, I would still expect Kane to be a City player by the end of the transfer window but you will likely have to pay upwards of 150m at this stage of the window.
As per bold bit, you are a self sustaining club? How come you are one billion+ in debt!

You are the number one in debt club in the whole wide world (yay, a title of sorts), but all us City fans must remember yours is easily manageable debt that has a teeny weeny impact on your ever increasing self sustaining revenues, just for shits and giggles, here is your club compared to one other club with a smaller debt who find themselves basically bankrupt and who have a far greater revenue stream than your club.

Tottenham Debt​

Gross Financial Debt£831 million
Transfer Debt£140 million
Staff Debt£0
Tax Debt£96 million
Trade Creditors£9 million
Other Creditors£102 million

Barcelona Debt​

Gross Financial Debt£421 million
Transfer Debt£283 million
Staff Debt£180 million
Tax Debt£49 million
Trade Creditors£74 million
Other Creditors£23 million

Well done, all that ‘good debt’ looks outstanding, Levy has indeed put your club in a very strong position!

A graph showing your no 1 position;

If we include other debt, such as the amounts owed to staff, tax authorities, suppliers and other creditors, the total debt of the 12 clubs signing-up to the European Super League is a staggering £7.4 bln. https://t.co/ohRPZmRGOs

In fairness, Chelsea have a greater debt, 1.4b all owed direct to a holding company of Abramovich, this debt is though very manageable, well unless Abramovich suddenly changes his mind, though I suspect he may have other reasons for using Chelsea to transfer certain perfectly legally gained monies!

So indeed, well done to Levy for increasing Tottenham’s income to the top ten in Europe, as you say very commendable, slightly less so, well done to Levy for giving Tottenham all that ‘good debt’ to unprecedented never seen before levels, a shiny light and whose achievements are right up there with the accountants at Enron.

Lastly, whose owners are ‘pumping money in’? I suspect this was you retelling an often told lie about our owner, our club has for quite some years only been spending money generated within our club, greatly assisted by something you may not of heard of called prize money, this is monies earned for winning football competitions, I know , who knew!

Last edited:
I’m an optimist, but it’s getting harder to think that he is coming. Especially if he’s traveling with the squad.
Having said that he’s still a Spurs player,
and probably actually wants to play football (as we did with sane) so this probably means nothing and if he’s coming it’ll happen in due course

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.