Harry Kane

without question!
No. Jesus and Sterling are key players for me.

I am not convinced that Pep sees the 4-6-0 as a pragmatic fix. He may well go for another player like Grealish or Saint Maximin who can play in the 6. The problem with Sterling and Jesus is that they are not yet players who can play centrally. I think you also maybe missing Torres. How is he going to develop?

I'd look at the defensive midfield role. Is Rodri agile enough for that? And Left-back.

The only player I think that improves our team is Mbappe. But given the politics involved that won't happen.

Don't think we'll replace Kun with a 32 year old Lewi although he might be the best fit.

Messi might be good for a season, playing the false 9. But think he's a bit similar to Mahrez and Foden. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Given that we really wanted Felix, have half the Portugal team here already, he might be the one.

The only player I think that improves our team is Mbappe. But given the politics involved that won't happen.

Don't think we'll replace Kun with a 32 year old Lewi although he might be the best fit.

Messi might be good for a season, playing the false 9. But think he's a bit similar to Mahrez and Foden. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Given that we really wanted Felix, have half the Portugal team here already, he might be the one.
There are some very good players in the Premier League. Even at WBA. Pereira. Saint Maximin, Lookman.

I would really like to know whether Pep wants to continue with this false 9 system. That is obviously key to our Summer transfer window. If you can score goals playing without a striker, you become almost invincible.

What about we try to change Torres (if he personally wants) to striker,and promote Delap as a substitute, then use this summer’s budget to reinforce the defensive midfielder and left back?

There are some very good players in the Premier League. Even at WBA. Pereira. Saint Maximin, Lookman.
What is the point of this comment? Are you saying that signing players from the PL is better?

What about we try to change Torres (if he personally wants) to striker,and promote Delap as a substitute, then use this summer’s budget to reinforce the defensive midfielder and left back?
If we were a mid-table team, that would already be questionable

I'd look at the defensive midfield role. Is Rodri agile enough for that? And Left-back.
I always feel Rodri looks fine when we are in possession and have control of games, which this year has often been the case. However, when the game becomes more stretched he does tend to struggle to cover the ground fast enough. The return of crowds next season will see a return to the normal hectic tempo, which will see play become more stretched and that lack of agility exposed. I suppose it’s another good reason to sign a striker: convert more of those chances to relieve pressure behind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.