Harry Kane

Because someone like Jesus is taking up a squad place and chewing up wages. Raheem has hit a wall and I'm not confident that he can overcome it. Both these guys have the main job of converting chances, and they were quite underwhelming this season in that regard.

We need to improve the B side and try to mitigate large drop in quality when we rotate, because that rotation is key to us. Can't sit around twiddling our thumbs, thinking what we've done on the pitch this season will work the same way in the next one.
You can say the same thing about Joao and Laporte too. There’s no difference. Joao, raheem, jesus, torres, and Laporte are all B team players but that’s what makes city city. The window to sell is coming but we’re not just going to let any of them go because we don’t get fleeced like that and that’s how any of them would have to go.

Would I be up for some tinkering? Sure, but hell players like Mahrez want to retire here and Zinchenko wouldn’t even take the bag to leave. It’s pretty much a given once we sign players they’re locked in.

I really want Haaland but if we can’t get him then Kane is the next best option so I voted no but that’s because there wasn’t a better option.

Exactly... we need a Danny Ings option in the poll - I see the Rags are now in for him !

Genuine question but why does anyone care what we pay for Kane or any other player for that matter? It doesn’t come out of your bank account whether we pay Spurs £50 million or £250 million that’s irrelevant to supporters like us, as long as city land the priority targets then so what if we spend a fortune to get them?
Personally I do care a bit what we pay for players.
Although we clearly have a big budget it is not unlimited, every extra pound we spend on one player that is unproductive is one less that we can spend on another and I want a successful team more than I want any one player.
None of this is to say that Kane is not worth a lot of money or that he is not more valuable to us than to Spurs because we have better players to maximize his abilities but there is clearly a price at which we may have overpaid and assuming he is successful another at which he represents a bargain.
What those prices are I don't know but for the success of the team I would prefer the price to be closer to the bargain than the overpay.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.