Harry Kane

Its the Van Persie saga all over again -yes great in the short term but after 3 years he's done with no resale value

big hit to take and then start looking again - Id like to think we are looking a bit more long term
Not sure about that, he had a great first season then 2 avarage ones before moving on. I would expect 4 great seasons from Kane taking him to 32, and they could be another 4 glorious years.
Im all for buying young players who can develop, but every now and again there is a need for a player in their prime to keep us ahead of the game for the next few years.

It is,which provides mixed emotions for me as,while he would be a superb signing,it also suggests Haaland is off the menu.

I suspect i'll get over that though....
Just a thought, what if during discussions with Haalands camp it has been made quite clear that his next move will only be for 3 or 4 years and then he will move on again, It may be that we are looking at Kane now and work with the Haaland camp that when Kane ends his time with us we then have a deal in place for Haaland just as he is getting to his prime years.

As a club we do seem to have long term plans.

Pretty certain this is only happening because Haaland wasn't possible. A shame, because he should have made it happen.

There's something very exciting about Kane, though. He's the only striker in world football who is close to Lewandowski, and he is desperate to come here and win trophies. By all accounts he's an uber professional, animal in training. Scores every type of goal, left foot, right foot, headers, penalties. He's only been playing regular football since he was 20/21, so he shouldn't burn out until a little later into his thirties, unlike a Rooney or even an Aguero, who both played week in week out from 16.
Would definitely prefer Haaland too, but I didn’t see Kane this desperate to come here, yet here we are. That means something to me.

We’ll need that hunger next season. Reminds me of Dias. LFG

The pressure he's putting on Levy is lovely to see.

Might be overplaying it?

Might be overplaying it?

Think he'll have the supporters on his side which will probably help him.

Similar to how the rags bought Van Persie in my eyes. £25m for a player with one year in his contract at the time who was 29 years old seemed mad but he guaranteed goals. I feel the same here tbh, Kane scores that many that he guarantees us trophies imo, doesn’t matter about asset value surely?

City group have not posted last years results. The losses could be as much as 200 million. I am sure finances and value for money does have an impact on the planning. I get that most fans think we have a bottomless pit, a 200 million investment on a 28 yr old would mean a gigantic shift in the operating manner we have seen previously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.