Harry Kane

In your opinion. Getting Jack in and keeping the current squad is not fucking up in the slightest. If Kane falls through it won’t be for the lack of trying.

Some people really do live in a parallel city universe.
pep spoke a lot about needing to refresh the squad few out few in at the end of last season to guard against complacency etc. Clearly we haven’t been able to do that for whatever reason. The fact we have effectively stood still whilst others around us have improved is a mistake IMO. Grealish is a nice addition but he brings nothing that we didn’t already have. We need a striker and have done for 2 seasons now.

Spurs about to sign Sarr and apparently in talks with Aouar. Hopefully this is like Bale in 2013 where they started buying players before they let him go
What have Spurs been doing all Summer. Simply absurd for a top flight club in receipt of a £100m bid to wait so long. This is why Spurs struggle. They have an accountant in charge who tries to save £5m on a transfer fee for his club but in doing so costs his club far more.

pep spoke a lot about needing to refresh the squad few out few in at the end of last season to guard against complacency etc. Clearly we haven’t been able to do that for whatever reason. The fact we have effectively stood still whilst others around us have improved is a mistake IMO. Grealish is a nice addition but he brings nothing that we didn’t already have. We need a striker and have done for 2 seasons now.
As it stands we’ve spent circa £30/£40 mill and brought in a player that can play virtually anywhere across the front 4 and gives us more security when (not if) Kevin is injured. For me that’s good business while others around us continue to just buy shiny new toys. We all know we need a new left back and striker but we don’t operate the way these other teams do. Great if Kane comes for the right price otherwise we go with what we’ve got. If money was no object we would have bought Haaland.

Once this transfer window shuts several members of this forum need to seek urgent emotional assistance after some of the tripe and doom mongering I have read over the last few days. You wouldn’t think you support arguably the best team in the world with one of the greatest squads ever assembled
Players win titles. And this Summer Chelsea moved beyond us. Most fans know City need to respond.

City at full power would put in a strong title defence but we start the season with question marks against the fitness of two key players so instinctively I feel City have to bring in a striker or we are going to see a lot of games like Spurs away.

As it stands we’ve spent circa £30/£40 mill and brought in a player that can play virtually anywhere across the front 4 and gives us more security when (not if) Kevin is injured. For me that’s good business while others around us continue to just buy shiny new toys. We all know we need a new left back and striker but we don’t operate the way these other teams do. Great if Kane comes for the right price otherwise we go with what we’ve got. If money was no object we would have bought Haaland.
Grealish can't play as a striker. At least I have not seen that. He can play centrally or on the left. It was a good buy though. Top quality player and a good age. No one will argue that he's a bad buy.

Players win titles. And this Summer Chelsea moved beyond us. Most fans know City need to respond.

City at full power would put in a strong title defence but we start the season with question marks against the fitness of two key players so instinctively I feel City have to bring in a striker or we are going to see a lot of games like Spurs away.
Totally agree - but what does Pep think, is it Kane or nout or does he think he needs a striker come what may? Understanding what goes on in that bald genius’s head is an impossible task!

And we still are. City without KDB and Foden lose a lot of goals. Norwich are possibly the worst side I have seen in the Premier League and atypical.
We had the comfort last season of being able to play players that rarely play because of the big points gap we created, If we were playing full strenght teams every week we would of hit a massive points tally.
Foden and De Bruyne are massive losses! Two of our best players.
As for Nowrich we can only beat what is put on front of us, Then again they turned us over at their place a couple of seasons back and I'm sure this season they will get one or two results against the big boys.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.