Harry Kane

I do think this whole Haaland or Kane debate is a bit futile.

Given our transfer record and policies, it’s safe to assume we’ve gone after Haaland at some point (no smoke without fire too) and it didn’t work out if we’re now going for Kane.

I don’t know about you, but Kane as a ‘back up’ option is pretty fucking good to me. The guy is an animal, nearly every shot he takes is lethal and on target and he has a selfish, clinical streak in front of goal which - when you see Jesus passing it instead of shooting - is what we need.

We have this a lot in our fan base, where we seem to not like the idea of a new player or slate his abilities because we compare them to somebody else: Kane/Haaland, Rodri/Ferna, Jesus/Aguero, and up until this season Gundo wasn’t the most praised due to comparisons with Silva, KDB and Toure.

If we’re bringing in a new player, we do seem to get it right for the majority.

Hi guys,

1st post on the forum but thought I'd put my two penneth into the discussion.

I'm in two minds about Kane, like others too.

From a playing perspective I have no doubts whatsoever. He's world class. 22 goals and 13 assists this season tells you he is pretty much the complete package. He can hold the line and can drop deep to link the play. He can be selfish at times but I think we lack a player like that. Aguero is a selfish striker and that's no bad thing. Compare him to Jesus who can be very frustrating in front of goal and is sometimes too selfless if anything. Kane isn't, if he sees an opportunity to score he will go for it and it's why his numbers are so high because he is selfish and deadly when he gets a chance. Apart from Foden none of our players really have that goalscoring instinct. Put Harry Kane in our team and he would bag loads with the chances we create.

I think he'd be a great signing, would score loads, would assist loads, doesn't miss many penalties and he's hungry for trophies, so I've no doubt he'd be fully committed to win loads over the next 6 or 7 years. The fact he doesn't rely on pace also means if we used him correctly and don't overuse him like Spurs do, we could play him into his mid 30s and he'd still be good for us. The £100m+ fee would be paid back, no doubt.

I also think us signing Kane would just deflate the rest of the competition. A team that has won the double and potentially a treble adds the league's best striker to their team. They'd fear us even more than they do already.

The reason I am in two minds is because I just don't really like him and I'd prefer Haaland. I find him to be sneaky with the way he backs into defenders deliberately trying to off balance them and cause injury. He's also a diver and a bit of a cheat. I suppose if he's in your team you'd grow to love him but I just don't really like him.

I am also in the Haaland camp too. A younger, hungry player who really has got the world at his feet and will become a generational talent. Whether Haaland would stay for 10-15 years I don't know but for me he's the better fit for us, and the fact he used to go watching City makes me want him to sign him more. I'm sure City would prefer him too, but they will know if he's attainable or not and if we're going for Kane, then clearly he's not attainable or has been priced out of a move.

Yes clearly both of them are very selfish, staying at clubs despite having the chance to go to ones that are more likely to challenge for titles and pay them more money.

Kane is 29. It is now or never for him. For City it isn't business that makes sense in my opinion when Haaland is about and is so much younger. But there aren't many transfers the club has got wrong in recent seasons so I'll trust them to make the right choices.

Grealish I hope we sign.

Kane is 27!!!

Missing out the point that Kane is the better forward out of the 2 right now and the other hasn’t proved a thing playing in this league week in week out.

Kane's numbers really arent That great. He has had 2 top seasons, one of them at 30 goals, the rest he has been around and below the 20 goal mark, and because of that one we take it for granted he is a 30+ goal striker. He is not. He's a 20 goal striker.

Which is still great. But grossly over exaggerated on here.

I do think this whole Haaland or Kane debate is a bit futile.

Given our transfer record and policies, it’s safe to assume we’ve gone after Haaland at some point (no smoke without fire too) and it didn’t work out if we’re now going for Kane.

I don’t know about you, but Kane as a ‘back up’ option is pretty fucking good to me. The guy is an animal, nearly every shot he takes is lethal and on target and he has a selfish, clinical streak in front of goal which - when you see Jesus passing it instead of shooting - is what we need.

We have this a lot in our fan base, where we seem to not like the idea of a new player or slate his abilities because we compare them to somebody else: Kane/Haaland, Rodri/Ferna, Jesus/Aguero, and up until this season Gundo wasn’t the most praised due to comparisons with Silva, KDB and Toure.

If we’re bringing in a new player, we do seem to get it right for the majority.
Until they don't score a hat trick or misplace a pass or miss a chance.....then they're crap and need selling/swapping for the latest fifa21 "generational talent" lol

Watching the interview with Gary Neville, it’s clear Kane has a burning desire to elevate himself, we can offer him that platform. What’s not to like? He will be a beast for us.

This all feels like a well prescribed dance. Maybe the deal is already done with Spurs.
Kane (after last home game) agitated for a move. Limits buying options (English teams only) sets his price (i.e. City say anything over 100m =no deal
Levy calls him out for being a cnt and tying his hands.
Transfer window opens 9th, deal done 10th, Euros start 11th

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.