Harry Kane

Kane's numbers really arent That great. He has had 2 top seasons, one of them at 30 goals, the rest he has been around and below the 20 goal mark, and because of that one we take it for granted he is a 30+ goal striker. He is not. He's a 20 goal striker.

Which is still great. But grossly over exaggerated on here.
Kane’s numbers aren’t great hahaha have a day off mush.

His premier league goals per game is higher than Sergios ffs!! Would you not class Sergios numbers as not great? Jesus

All while playing in an inferior team to what Sergio has done in his time in the premier league. Kane is the best of the best I understand you probably have a personal agenda as to why you don’t like him or rate him but you can’t knock his stats he’s a phenom when it comes to scoring goals.

This all feels like a well prescribed dance. Maybe the deal is already done with Spurs.
Kane (after last home game) agitated for a move. Limits buying options (English teams only) sets his price (i.e. City say anything over 100m =no deal
Levy calls him out for being a cnt and tying his hands.
Transfer window opens 9th, deal done 10th, Euros start 11th

I'll call it now. No way a deal gets done before the Euros.

He may well arrive, it may be well advanced, I'll welcome him with open arms.

But won't happen before the Euros.

Kane's numbers really arent That great. He has had 2 top seasons, one of them at 30 goals, the rest he has been around and below the 20 goal mark, and because of that one we take it for granted he is a 30+ goal striker. He is not. He's a 20 goal striker.

But he would be playing with a better midfield at City don't forget that. He would get twice as many chances with the likes of Kev, Foden, Mahrez etc behind him.

Hi guys,

1st post on the forum but thought I'd put my two penneth into the discussion.

I'm in two minds about Kane, like others too.

From a playing perspective I have no doubts whatsoever. He's world class. 22 goals and 13 assists this season tells you he is pretty much the complete package. He can hold the line and can drop deep to link the play. He can be selfish at times but I think we lack a player like that. Aguero is a selfish striker and that's no bad thing. Compare him to Jesus who can be very frustrating in front of goal and is sometimes too selfless if anything. Kane isn't, if he sees an opportunity to score he will go for it and it's why his numbers are so high because he is selfish and deadly when he gets a chance. Apart from Foden none of our players really have that goalscoring instinct. Put Harry Kane in our team and he would bag loads with the chances we create.

I think he'd be a great signing, would score loads, would assist loads, doesn't miss many penalties and he's hungry for trophies, so I've no doubt he'd be fully committed to win loads over the next 6 or 7 years. The fact he doesn't rely on pace also means if we used him correctly and don't overuse him like Spurs do, we could play him into his mid 30s and he'd still be good for us. The £100m+ fee would be paid back, no doubt.

I also think us signing Kane would just deflate the rest of the competition. A team that has won the double and potentially a treble adds the league's best striker to their team. They'd fear us even more than they do already.

The reason I am in two minds is because I just don't really like him and I'd prefer Haaland. I find him to be sneaky with the way he backs into defenders deliberately trying to off balance them and cause injury. He's also a diver and a bit of a cheat. I suppose if he's in your team you'd grow to love him but I just don't really like him.

I am also in the Haaland camp too. A younger, hungry player who really has got the world at his feet and will become a generational talent. Whether Haaland would stay for 10-15 years I don't know but for me he's the better fit for us, and the fact he used to go watching City makes me want him to sign him more. I'm sure City would prefer him too, but they will know if he's attainable or not and if we're going for Kane, then clearly he's not attainable or has been priced out of a move.
A very well written first post and not much i disagree with

Course he is. He scores 20 in the league and at least 10 in other competitions. Therefore he's 30 goals a season.

At the peak of his career that is what Aguero was averaging. Are you claiming Aguero's record isn't great?

what a load of shit

He is the 7th top premier league scorer of all time with 165 in 240 games
Sergio has 182 in 274 games which is comparable
Kane will be ahead of sergio bu end of next season
your making your argument suit your opinion.
He is the best forward in the best league playing for an average team

Kane has better......
Goals per game
Shooting accuracy
Assists
Chances created
Injury record
...and defensively off the scale ahead

all the above compared to Sergio, who he'd be replacing!

So what exactly aren't great about his numbers....or have you spent the last 10yrs cursing we signed Sergio over Danny Wellbeck?? Just asking ;)

I think Kane is the perfect player for us. We don't need a player who can do everything by himself, he would have an entire squad of world class players to do most of the job for him. We need a player who is a tidy passer, has a deadly touch, an even deadlier finish who will be in the right place at the right time. Give Kane a half chance in and around the box and he will be putting a shot on target, something we have really really missed.

That's just not true. His last 7 seasons have seen 31, 28, 35, 41, 24, 24 and 32 goals scored. So he's averaged 30 goals a season for the last 7 years. If that doesn't make him a "30 goal striker", I don't know what does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.