Harry Kane

Imagine being Harry Kane jumping out of bed on January 1st 2023 getting the last chocolate of of the 1ST JANUARY compartment of your Transfer Window Advent Calendar and then realising Pep and City aren't coming for you and your nasty Uncle Daniel bribed you via your thick brother to stay with his Cubs Troup and now Pep has got not one but two other boys to fill the gap he wanted you to do and whats more unlike you they won't be moving up to Scouts from Cubs for a number of years - suddenly your Messi PJ's you got for Christmas just feel like rags on your shoulders.

Hang on........ rags you say ..............

Imagine being Harry Kane jumping out of bed on January 1st 2023 getting the last chocolate of of the 1ST JANUARY compartment of your Transfer Window Advent Calendar and then realising Pep and City aren't coming for you and your nasty Uncle Daniel bribed you via your thick brother to stay with his Cubs Troup and now Pep has got not one but two other boys to fill the gap he wanted you to do and whats more unlike you they won't be moving up to Scouts from Cubs for a number of years - suddenly your Messi PJ's you got for Christmas just feel like rags on your shoulders.

Hang on........ rags you say ..............

Thankfully our owners held their nerve and walked away even when a large amount of the money would be payed upfront. Levy was nuts not to take what we offered and we now have a world class talent in Haaland banging them in for fun. I could see Kane at the rags, they have zero goal threat and he might actually get a trick out of their wide players by dropping deep and picking them out like he does at Spurs.

Thankfully our owners held their nerve and walked away even when a large amount of the money would be payed upfront. Levy was nuts not to take what we offered and we now have a world class talent in Haaland banging them in for fun. I could see Kane at the rags, they have zero goal threat and he might actually get a trick out of their wide players by dropping deep and picking them out like he does at Spurs.

I may get laughed at but if Kane went to the rags, it elevates them to challengers. He's that good. I was wounded when we didn't get him in 2021 (mainly because it was obvious Haaland wasn't available and I thought we needed a striker) but so glad how it turned out.

I may get laughed at but if Kane went to the rags, it elevates them to challengers. He's that good. I was wounded when we didn't get him in 2021 (mainly because it was obvious Haaland wasn't available and I thought we needed a striker) but so glad how it turned out.

He’s a good player and he’s scored 11 goals in the premier league already. He is clever in what he does and caused us no end of problems at the Etihad in March. He would provide some goals and assists to the rags where they are lacking and looking a bit toothless at the moment.

His own Dad who knows him far better than you or I has pretty much said that Erling's plan is to play in Spain and Italy at some point in his career. He won't be with us for more than 3 years after this, I'd put money on that.

Typing your opinion in caps also doesn't make it any more valid.

He's a young lad who quite rightly wants to be the best in the world and prove himself in different environments. Why wouldn't he. But football doesn't work that way. If he's winning the big competitions here, and that includes the CL he might want to stay to keep doing it. Ultimately, as he gets older he'll understand that the medals he wins with the team far outweigh any individual achievement, and in fact you usually have to win the biggest trophies to win the biggest individual awards (unless you play for Liverpool). As he matures he may well see no reason to leave. Or maybe he'll still have a desire to go and do it in La Liga to prove himself there. We just don't know. There's always the possibility he falls in love and can't leave. Most of our top players have stayed. Players do seem to develop a strong bond for the club over time. You never know, he could get a major injury turn to shit and we let him run his contract down! Let's see how it goes. Just enjoy the ride for now.

I'm with you. I wanted him. I think he's a fantastic footballer who is probably the best creative player in the league behind De Bruyne. The vision and passing ability he has is phenomenal, he makes passes that I've only ever seen De Bruyne make before. He just can't do it to the same extent. He's scored 11 already in a side that doesn't seem to want to start playing until they're losing. He'd probably be on around 15 if he'd have joined us! He would fit into United perfectly. The only thing he probably can't do, that Ten Haag wants is press intensely. That's not something Kane's particularly strong at.

We ended up with Haaland though and my god what a player! I never expected him to be this good!

We’d have done okay with Haaland, Kane and Foden as our front 3.
Yeah no doubt, I'm just not convinced we would have got Haaland had we signed Kane. Obviously that's open to debate and there are plenty of arguments to say we would have still got the big beautiful viking. Either way I'm happy how things turned out.

Challengers for what?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.