Harry Kane

So in summary Haaland has scored more goals and made more assists than Kane in fewer games, yet cost about a third of what Levy wanted for Kane. Oh and how old is Kane again?

And Haaland doesn't have the likes of Moura, Kulusevski, Richarlison and Skipp around him.

Haaland will never be anything like the playmaker Kane often is. He is and will always be an out and out number 9. Kane is a number 9/10 hybrid. He will never get close to being able to pass a ball the way than Kane can and does. Thinking he's one day just going to be a brilliant link player (yes, it's something he can and will still improve) because he's only 22 is farcical. There are parts of Kane's game that Erling is unlikely to ever get close to. And obviously vice versa.

And all this talk about him not being in the same league is complete and utter nonsense. Are we really suggesting that Kane wouldn't be capable of scoring the 6 goals there is between him and Haaland in the Premier League this season if he played for us and not Tottenham?

I think Kane is a brilliant player and is definitely a better playmaker than Haaland now. However, to make a definitive statement that Haaland will never be anything like the playmaker Kane is is just as absurd as saying they aren't in the same league - you can't possibly know that, it's a guess, however educated you feel it is.

I think Kane is a brilliant player and is definitely a better playmaker than Haaland now. However, to make a definitive statement that Haaland will never be anything like the playmaker Kane is is just as absurd as saying they aren't in the same league - you can't possibly know that, it's a guess, however educated you feel it is.

Why is it a guess? Haaland isn't going to blossom into a world-class playmaker. He'll improve his link play, his hold up play etc. But he would have to improve an insane amount in those aspects which I just don't see happening. We already know his strengths and they will always be his main strengths.

Why is it a guess? Haaland isn't going to blossom into a world-class playmaker. He'll improve his link play, his hold up play etc. But he would have to improve an insane amount in those aspects which I just don't see happening. We already know his strengths and they will always be his main strengths.
Kane didn’t have the playmaking abilities he has now when he was 22…

Moreover, Haaland finished the campaign with 8 assists to Kane’s 3…

Kane didn’t have the playmaking abilities he has now when he was 22…

Moreover, Haaland finished the campaign with 8 assists to Kane’s 3…

You can't just ignore the ability of the players they both have around them every week. And Kane would have had triple the assists this season if Son, the one other genuinely top player Spurs have, hadn't have been so dog shit suddenly.

I was kind of with you up until this. He's a very good footballer, not a miracle worker.

Kane's link up play and passing ability will always make anyone around him with pace look better. That will surely benefit Rashford and Garnacho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.