Harry Kane

So for everyone who wants Kane..
Are you all happy that it seems we’re about to pay £120m+ for a player that might only have 3-4 years left before we reach the situation that we’re now in with Sergio?
I only ask cos it’s seems no one really cares about the huge outlay.
We’re about to smash our transfer record and I always thought it’d be for a youngster who’d be with us for about 10 years.
Yes.

120m to stay at the top of the pile for 3-4 years is a good investment.

Yes it would be ideal to get 10 but we have high hopes for Delap and Jesus (perhaps a late developer) also.

So for everyone who wants Kane..
Are you all happy that it seems we’re about to pay £120m+ for a player that might only have 3-4 years left before we reach the situation that we’re now in with Sergio?
I only ask cos it’s seems no one really cares about the huge outlay.
We’re about to smash our transfer record and I always thought it’d be for a youngster who’d be with us for about 10 years.

Very happy if that‘s who Pep feels will best improve the team. I’m not arsed how much he costs, the club board know what’s feasible or not. We have a lot of income and commercial revenue, so I don’t see why we can’t spend over £100 million for the right player. Chelsea and rags spend close to that so why not us?

We‘re crying out for someone who can regularly stick chances away, so why not? Striker is usually the most expensive position and we have a vacancy there for sure. It’d be frustrating to continue without a world class finisher while we have the world’s best manager and a host of great attacking players to create chances.

We need Kane, or Haaland, no matter what the cost. Resale doesn’t matter, it’s about winning trophies now and the next few seasons. With the income that generates we can buy someone else for £100 million plus in four or five years if we need to.

Yeah I think people forget Sergio had quite a few injuries himself.
A lot more than people think.
I get annoyed with those people who claim that Kane has "weak" ankles.Defenders will always go for ankles especially when you are one of the top forwards in world football.Speak to Sergio and Messi and they`ll tell you how easy it is to receive ankle knocks.
If we are fortunate to get the lad then I fully expect him to fail his medical with those "weak ankles".

Tbh I think we will sadly miss out on Haaland. But we better get the lube out ready for the Kane saga (eye roll)

I agree that he looks to have everything needed but there’s a new potential superstar / next Messi / Ronaldo emerging nearly every season and they rarely go on to fulfil the potential that everyone sees in them.
Haarland could be different, he could go on to be the best player in Europe for the next 10 seasons but he could also struggle to adapt to the premier league and slip away from the limelight in coming years - nobody knows for sure how he’d cope in our league but we know for sure with Kane . .

Who was the last kid who actually arrived on the scene like Haaland?

24 Champions League goals in 22 games. 94 goals in 100 games since leaving Norway/ turning 18.

We're talking about a player with almost as many CL knockout goals as Kane and Aguero combined. A player who at 20, has already done what Kane could not - fire his side to a major trophy.

If you can name another player who did that and didn't deliver on their potential you might have a point. And if you can point out the players that emerged to do that nearly every season I'll accept that point too.

He's 20. At this point in his career Kane was struggling to get off the bench in the Championship. He's already a 40 goal a season player, capable of delivering immediately and he's got years ahead of him to get better, he's got no horrendous injury record and he's a life long City fan who loves the club.

Edit - Also I have to say I'm sick to death of "ooh he won't adapt to the premier league" stuff. Just like Ruben Dias didn't? Bernardo Silva? Gundogan? David Silva? He's 6 foot 4 and threw Ruben Dias around like a rag doll which no one in the Premier League has done. He's absolutely rapid, so pace isn't an issue, and he's already delivered against some of the best sides in Europe, so I don't believe Norwich away is going to trouble him.

Seems like a lot of people trying to convince themselves Haaland isn't all that because we might not sign him.

Last edited:
I am incredibly happy that we're buying the 2nd best striker in the world at the moment, dunno what more need to be said really?

Yes.

120m to stay at the top of the pile for 3-4 years is a good investment.

Yes it would be ideal to get 10 but we have high hopes for Delap and Jesus (perhaps a late developer) also.
You do know we played large sections of the season without a recognised striker and still ended “Top of the Pile”?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.