Harry Kane

IMO this means Pep's not staying past 2023.

Kane's a world class striker, but he's 28. He'll be good for ~4 years assuming the ankle holds up. Haaland would be good for 10+.

One's a short-mid term option, the other is long term. One is the young player who you mould (remember how Pep's supposed to prefer working with younger players?), the other is someone who slots in for a few years while you win and the next guy can worry about replacing Kane for another £150m in 2025 or something.

It's going to be a good couple of seasons.
He did buy Mahrez and before that wanted to buy Sanchez and wanted Bonucci in 2016 and Alves in 2017. Bertrand also in 2017 who was 27 back then.

We also signed Walker when he was 27 in 2017.

Jorginho was 26 back in 2018 when he wanted him.

Bought Villa at Barca in 2010 at 28.

Pep has no problems whatsoever buying ready made world class player for instant impact.

I don't know where this myth that Pep only buys young players comes from.

Someone said this the other day and I tend to agree, that we might offer player(s) as part of the deal to keep the fee below the 90m United paid for Pogba so that we don't break the English transfer record.

If that was the case, the question then becomes which players are: a) we willing to let go, b) open to joining Spurs and, c) Spurs interested in.

The only ones that I could think of that might fit all three criteria are Aké and Jesus.

He did buy Mahrez and before that wanted to buy Sanchez and wanted Bonucci in 2016 and Alves in 2017. Bertrand also in 2017 who was 27 back then.

We also signed Walker when he was 27 in 2017.

Jorginho was 26 back in 2018 when he wanted him.

Bought Villa at Barca in 2010 at 28.

Pep has no problems whatsoever buying ready made world class player for instant impact.

And maybe the thinking is long term......in respect of Delap.Kane enables that perfectly.

Someone said this the other day and I tend to agree, that we might offer player(s) as part of the deal to keep the fee below the 90m United paid for Pogba so that we don't break the English transfer record.

If that was the case, the question then becomes which players are: a) we willing to let go, b) open to joining Spurs and, c) Spurs interested in.

The only ones that I could think of that might fit all three criteria are Aké and Jesus.
Personally I would hate to see Gabby going anywhere I think he has alot to off for us.
Maybe Ake could be used as he will find it more difficult to get game time having Stones, Dias and Laporte ahead of him.

And maybe the thinking is long term......in respect of Delap.Kane enables that perfectly.

Delap doesn't benefit from Kane coming over Haaland.

If Kane stays 5 years, Delap will be 23. He's not waiting that long, no one is.

If Delap is going to be a world class striker, he'll be leading the line somewhere at 21...like Haaland is, like Kane was, like Aguero did.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.