Harry Kane

My only worry with this transfer is Roy Keane was on sky sports after Tottenham vs The Rags saying how he had a feeling Kane wanted to play for United. If Tolmie is correct that this Neville interview was weeks ago, maybe the two are correlated.

I don't think is going to happen. Levy is going to come out and say Kane is going nowhere hes got to see out his contract he's not for sale end of

and then you have a player who downs tools. Remember Mahrez at Leicester? In the end a player can drive his own value down with performances and end up flicking you the big vee's and seeing out a contract and leaving on a free. My view has always been aligned with the one Pep shows now - if a player wants to go he can go. You don't want him stinking the place out with a bad attitude - shake his hand tell his agent you are going to hold out for £X and wish him well.
Levy isn't daft - he knows the effect of losing Kane on Spurs so he will have to accept it and maximise the amount they get for him so his new manager has a really good budget to attract a decent name.

I am ok with Kane but wonder how he will cope with being told how to Play and be actually coached to play in a different way by Pep?
He is Billy Big Bollocks at spurs. He will just be one of many at City.
Kun was prepared to learn from Pep and buckle down. Will Kane?
I feel like people all over this thread are just throwing old cliches around that don’t even apply to him lol.

My only worry with this transfer is Roy Keane was on sky sports after Tottenham vs The Rags saying how he had a feeling Kane wanted to play for United. If Tolmie is correct that this Neville interview was weeks ago, maybe the two are correlated.
But his whole purpose in wanting a move, is that he wants to win trophies, so why would he want Utd then? Sounds like Keane BS to me.

I’m a bit confused. City will need to stump up £100m for Kane (at least). Dortmund would snatch our hands off for £80-£90m for Haaland.

in my opinion Haaland is already better than Kane, based on league goals ratio and the champions league ridiculousness he’s posting.

also i’ve seen him mow down Father Ruben and Upamaceno, just absolutely walked over them.

Haaland is much younger, cheaper, probably accepts lower wages, supports City, already has a very high international profile marketing wise and would end his career a city legend.

Kane will never be a city legend - he’ll always be a spurs boy. just like van persie to United it was a short term fix but really it just looked weird in the United shirt after what he did at Arsenal.

City buy young promising players and turn them into superstars, defining us by their careers. That wont happen to Kane. I just dont get how its a choice, if it is a choice

I would really be surprised if Dortmund would accept anything lower than maybe 130 million, and that's pushing it. I suppose the Sancho money would come into the equation. I would however bet that the transfer fee and wages for Kane, are quite a bit less than Haaland's, plus the wedge needed for his Dad and Raiola.

I think Haarlands profile, his agent , and that European tour , as well as CL qualification for Dortmund has filtered through. Potentially changing your wage structure to accommodate a 20 year old who may well want to move again in a couple or 3 years is a huge decision. Maybe all things considered and knowing the PL ready Kane will force ( as much as possible- like Raz did and Mahrez) a move to us. Is seen as being less arse ache and the player as driven to trophies and glory . Ah who knows- I will trust the club to make the right decisions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.