Harry Kane

Guardiola's comments are interesting. There are statements in there suggesting we g for a centre forward and statements that suggest we strengthen the false 9 system.

These are some of his quotes:
“I would love to have a guy who scores 50 goals....I would love it – but at the same I don’t like just to have all the pressure on one player. Even at Barcelona Lionel Messi scored more than 50 goals every season, but in that team for example, in our first season Samuel Eto’o scored a lot.”

“To win titles, especially the Premier League … the statistics speak for themselves – you need at least three guys [scoring] more than 10, 12, 15 goals to be competitors. But when you have a guy who scores 25 or 30, it helps a lot.

“We will try due to the way we play to have everybody involved in scoring goals – the more players we have with this quality the better we will be.”

I prefer to strengthen the false 9 system.

The problem with strengthening the false 9 position is managers are smart and will work you out in the long run. You need more options and a completely new system so you can’t be worked out. It’s why Liverpool got beat a lot more this year teams worked them out. So bringing in a Kane leaves managers guessing, trying to work out the new system.

Yeah I noticed that myself seemingly Duncan castles has also said United are pushing for Kane. As much as I wanted it to be it was never going to be straightforward. Hopefully Kane only has eyes for us and is not tempted by the money as If he goes there they will be real contenders next season
I don’t know how they can afford Kane, Sancho is going to cost 80 to 100 mil , they also want a new keeper and they just resigned Cavani on a big wage.

I don’t know how they can afford Kane, Sancho is going to cost 80 to 100 mil , they also want a new keeper and they just resigned Cavani on a big wage.

Cos utd dont spend money on the stadium or training facilities they can afford these players , whilst everything around the club falls into rack and ruined ;)

I don’t even see how they can afford sancho this summer? He isn’t even someone they need to be honest! They are cash strapped at the minute and without question need at least one more CB and another RB.

The problem with strengthening the false 9 position is managers are smart and will work you out in the long run. You need more options and a completely new system so you can’t be worked out. It’s why Liverpool got beat a lot more this year teams worked them out. So bringing in a Kane leaves managers guessing, trying to work out the new system.
Also let's not pretend we've scored shitloads of goals under this system. We usually score around 100 goals. This season, we're still in the 70s.

I don’t even see how they can afford sancho this summer? He isn’t even someone they need to be honest! They are cash strapped at the minute and without question need at least one more CB and another RB.
When has that ever stopped them? He's a typical Utd signing. Big name that gets them headlines and cements their place as a "massive club" while preventing them from addressing any actual weaknesses in the squad.

Again you are right and I was talking about now, not 2 seasons ago. We don't have Sane any more and Mahrez has been playing instead of Sterling. So for the way we play right now with less counters and more possession Kane would work.

It could see us returning to Sterling’s strengths too - double whammy. Somebody up top who can spot those runs he makes other than KDB.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.