Harry Kane

I'd say scoring goals is an issue. Racking up 8 goals against Watford doesn't hide the fact that we've had plenty of tight games we've lost this season and it's not been down to the defence every time, it's often been not taking chances and sometimes not creating enough.

I didn't want Kane, mainly due to his injury issues, but I'm coming round to the idea. I don't want to see a false 9 next season if Aguero misses too many games

We could with an extra player but Kane isn't the answer either. Its no good if he is joing Aguero on the next treatment table for large parts of the season

I'd say scoring goals is an issue. Racking up 8 goals against Watford doesn't hide the fact that we've had plenty of tight games we've lost this season and it's not been down to the defence every time, it's often been not taking chances and sometimes not creating enough.

I didn't want Kane, mainly due to his injury issues, but I'm coming round to the idea. I don't want to see a false 9 next season if Aguero misses too many games
It’s our biggest issue but it gets overlooked because like you said we stat pad in the games we play well in.

When one of Jesus, Sterling or Mahrez is through on goal do you trust them to bury it?

We could with an extra player but Kane isn't the answer either. Its no good if he is joing Aguero on the next treatment table for large parts of the season
Got to agree with you on the injury front. The key to Liverpool's success is Mane, Salah, Vvd etc don't get injured and play 38 games. I just don't know who we get who guarantees goals like Kane. Messi?

Got to agree with you on the injury front. The key to Liverpool's success is Mane, Salah, Vvd etc don't get injured and play 38 games. I just don't know who we get who guarantees goals like Kane. Messi?

Not even with Messi as we still other areas need more attention . Dybala is a start but I'm not sure whether Juve will want to cash in.

Have we actually been linked with Kane or is this just wishful thinking that maybe some person at the club will look on this thread and report back to city’s hierarchy and say “bloody hell we should be all over Harry Kane get a bid in quick “..

I'm undecided about Kane - negatives do include the injuries but it terms of him as an asset you get the ball to him in the area between the sticks and he invariably scores. He is big, he is powerful which is something we lack up front, gives an aerial threat which again we lack and one other thing - the lad captains his club and has captained England - he could be the presence in the dressing room that was lost when Vinny left.

Have we actually been linked with Kane or is this just wishful thinking that maybe some person at the club will look on this thread and report back to city’s hierarchy and say “bloody hell we should be all over Harry Kane get a bid in quick “..
2 of our more trustworthy ITKs have at least hinted at it. It's not much but it's more than the Haaland requests.

I'm undecided about Kane - negatives do include the injuries but it terms of him as an asset you get the ball to him in the area between the sticks and he invariably scores. He is big, he is powerful which is something we lack up front, gives an aerial threat which again we lack and one other thing - the lad captains his club and has captained England - he could be the presence in the dressing room that was lost when Vinny left.

He does go missing at times as well. He would be similar to our current lot and wouldn't be a major improvement

It’s our biggest issue but it gets overlooked because like you said we stat pad in the games we play well in.

When one of Jesus, Sterling or Mahrez is through on goal do you trust them to bury it?
Not a chance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.