Harry Kane

I recall sitting in a restaurant having breakfast in St. Andrews in 2005 at the Open golf. Sky Sports News was on and there was some story running about City signing a striker called Yasser Hussein. It didn’t do much for my digestion.

I’m heading for Sandwich in Kent next week and I’m looking forward, with just a bit more relish, to stories of City signing a striker called Harry Kane.

Leipzig reportedly paying 23M for André Silva makes going over 100M for Kane simply insane.
Don't you think if Silva was worth more and good enough a Premier league team would be in for him?
Every Premier league club can afford to pay more than 23M and none of them will get a decent striker for less than 30M this summer.

Generic theory…many, many, many top level strikers have peaked by their mid 20s and are well on their way back down by 28 and pretty much finished at elite level by 29/30.

it’s also noticeable that it’s either due to injuries.. or simply being naturally less mobile and fit. Kane fits the profile of a striker who isn’t going to age well imo. Put it this way Someone like Lewindowski who is in the dying embers of his career looks 7 years younger than Kane when the truth is opposite. He’s just well conditioned and athletic. Kane is not. Rooney wasn’t. Brazilian Ronaldo wasn’t either (great player though) Falcao anyone? Torres?? The list goes on… the argument that between the age of 28-32 is some kind of golden age for a striker is a myth. All players are different.
That's actually pretty much spot on mate, and I hate to say it, but Kev is of similar physical characteristics, not a natural athlete, propensity to gain weight easily, compare that to Fern and Lemondoffski, both natural athletes and very LEAN.

I recall sitting in a restaurant having breakfast in St. Andrews in 2005 at the Open golf. Sky Sports News was on and there was some story running about City signing a striker called Yasser Hussein. It didn’t do much for my digestion.

I’m heading for Sandwich in Kent next week and I’m looking forward, with just a bit more relish, to stories of City signing a striker called Harry Kane.
Have a couple of rennie’s

I have to agree that he looks washed out, hopefully it's just to many games after two back to back seasons and an added tournament at the end.

Any other season I'd be excited to get a player like Kane, but the thought of missing out on Haaland is dampening the whole experience of Kane.

The Euro's hasn't helped as it's just prolonged the whole event and I've focused more on Kane and his lack of desire and falling over. Its obvious Kane is our man and not Haaland, as I think we would have signed Haaland already.

One thing I will say in Kanes defence is, he's a completely different player when he's playing in the Premier than a tournament.

I have to agree that he looks washed out, hopefully it's just to many games after two back to back seasons and an added tournament at the end.

Any other season I'd be excited to get a player like Kane, but the thought of missing out on Haaland is dampening the whole experience of Kane.

The Euro's hasn't helped as it's just prolonged the whole event and I've focused more on Kane and his lack of desire and falling over. Its obvious Kane is our man and not Haaland, as I think we would have signed Haaland already.

One thing I will say in Kanes defence is, he's a completely different player when he's playing in the Premier than a tournament.

I'd have been excited 4 seasons ago. Last 3 though, he has been nothing to take notice of. Numbers, arguably but actuallybwatching him, not really.

Yeah yeah, golden boot last year, aye, in a season when others had shockers, liverpool lost 6 in a row at anfield, aguero was injured most of it, and Ings was in there amongst the top strikers.

I was in the 'don't see it happening, but if it does, great' area. Now, I am more don't really want to see it, think it would be a big and expensive possibly defining mistake.

Don't you think if Silva was worth more and good enough a Premier league team would be in for him?
Every Premier league club can afford to pay more than 23M and none of them will get a decent striker for less than 30M this summer.
How can anyone say he isn’t at least serviceable looking at his last season?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.