Harry Kane

stats mean nothing.

Sergio has played against 10 man packed defences for at least the last 3 seasons

Hold up play isnt something we require...linking play is and Sergio has adapted very well to that....he is more mobile than Kane whereas Kane is a purely central striker and the main man whereas Sergio (again for the last 3 seasons) hasnt been - he is part of a unit.

Ask anyone in the game besides your most diehard spurs fans who they would rather have - Aguero or Kane and id bet virtually every football fan baring those spurs fans would say Aguero

People seem to be righting Aguero off cause he is injured - his goal scoring this season wasnt looking too shabby before that injury (think he was maybe 1 goal behind Raheem at the time or something like that)

Stats mean nothing? I think they do when it comes to goal scoring records over 200 games. Are you seriously trying to say Spurs create as much as us? Scoring isn’t a problem once we get ahead against cannon fodder but at times this season in big games or once behind we’ve struggled. For a start Kane’s aerial presence would improve our options against parked busses. Kane offers as much mobility as Sergio these days and if you think he’s not mobile watch some of his goals over the last few months. His link play is also superb but people like to create a myth that he just goal hangs for Spurs and it’s frankly bollocks.

I'm sure if we were in serious talks this would be impossible to disguise. Leaks all over the media

I imagine we’ll have enquired, if for no other reason to find out what price Spurs would anticipate selling him at and to plan accordingly. Once we see the kind of crosses Torres regularly whips in, someone of Kane’s ability will be sorely needed.

Stats mean nothing? I think they do when it comes to goal scoring records over 200 games. Are you seriously trying to say Spurs create as much as us? Scoring isn’t a problem once we get ahead against cannon fodder but at times this season in big games or once behind we’ve struggled. For a start Kane’s aerial presence would improve our options against parked busses. Kane offers as much mobility as Sergio these days and if you think he’s not mobile watch some of his goals over the last few months. His link play is also superb but people like to create a myth that he just goal hangs for Spurs and it’s frankly bollocks.
Remember the "Vinny Don't Shoot" moment, our players would fucking hate Kane because he does that about 20 times a game. Brilliant player but he would have to reign the fucking shoot on site policy in a touch, he wouldn't get away with being the big man here. We wouldn't be the "Harry Kane team".

Remember the "Vinny Don't Shoot" moment, our players would fucking hate Kane because he does that about 20 times a game. Brilliant player but he would have to reign the fucking shoot on site policy in a touch, he wouldn't get away with being the big man here. We wouldn't be the "Harry Kane team".

True but I don’t think he’d need to be either. He’d have a great time getting on the end of Kev’s crosses too!

No. I would rather we stick to what we have got for a season. Scoring goals isn't a major issue.

We have a huge problem with missing chances. Think of our losses last year. How many did we actually properly deserve to lose and you could accept that we'd lost?

I can only think of Wolves at home, United away and at a push Chelsea away. In all of the others, we created more chances than the opposition and missed guilt edge chances or overplayed in their area where it wasn't required.

We need somebody to pull the trigger when we are in the box and do it with conviction.

We have a huge problem with missing chances. Think of our losses last year. How many did we actually properly deserve to lose and you could accept that we'd lost?

I can only think of Wolves at home, United away and at a push Chelsea away. In all of the others, we created more chances than the opposition and missed guilt edge chances or overplayed in their area where it wasn't required.

We need somebody to pull the trigger when we are in the box and do it with conviction.

Kane will not solve that problem. Our rivals tend to get more soft penalties to get themselves out of the shit against tricky opponents than overall ability (or at a stretch a cheaper bench option who does the job). Even the rags are thinking twice about not signing him and they were the ones who were that desperate in signing him under van Gaal. He is a likeable lad but an ridiculosly overrated player.

Last edited:
I imagine we’ll have enquired, if for no other reason to find out what price Spurs would anticipate selling him at and to plan accordingly. Once we see the kind of crosses Torres regularly whips in, someone of Kane’s ability will be sorely needed.

Kane must be considering his options - Spurs are going backwards and they won’t reverse things until Maureen exits - which could take at least another 12 months. Kane won’t win a major trophy if he stays at Spurs - or let’s say it’s very unlikely. On that basis Kane’s agent will have a very good idea of what transfer fee will be required to secure his clients release. I’d guess £150m and I don’t think we will pay that, although I’d be more inclined to pay £150m for Kane than £100m for Martinez.

Levy will price him out of the market regardless of their current financial situation.

Kane must be considering his options - Spurs are going backwards and they won’t reverse things until Maureen exits - which could take at least another 12 months. Kane won’t win a major trophy if he stays at Spurs - or let’s say it’s very unlikely. On that basis Kane’s agent will have a very good idea of what transfer fee will be required to secure his clients release. I’d guess £150m and I don’t think we will pay that, although I’d be more inclined to pay £150m for Kane than £100m for Martinez.

Unless there is a remarkable turnaround, next season, 21-22, will be Mourinho‘s last so it’ll be all change and rebuild again. Kane might not be as interested in winning trophies as we suspect, however; the England captaincy and a shot at the individual goal record may satisfy him. He might also prefer to remain top dog in London rather than a cog in our wheel. I agree that his price will drop from 200, but even at 150, I think we might be tempted to take two younger players and spread the risk.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.