Harry Kane

We've played so many games without a recognised out and out striker and we seem to have done okay.

I think Feran can go some way to filling the Sergio shaped void in the team IF he realises his potential, and Palmer can start to feed in like Foden did over the next season or so.

Basically we are not in that bad a shape, and I think Kane would be a step in the wrong direction. Especially considering how much we'd have to spend on him (plus his no doubt large demands in wages) when we already have greater potential coming through from the youth setup.

I don't understand how Kane is "short term"

Comparatively to Haaland yea obviously but in general terms he isn't short term at all

Like we spent £60mil on Mahrez when he was 27 and he's one of the first names on the team sheet 3 years later and is at the top of his game

Barcelona signed Suarez at 27 and he's their 2nd record goalscorer of all time

Haaland is the long term option(and my prefered one), but that doesn't make Kane a short term one

Lewandowski (32), Benzema (33), Ronaldo (36), Suarez (34), Immobile (31) are all in the top 5 goal scorers in their respective leagues

We'd get a world class option for 4/5 years...nothing 'short term' about signing Kane

To be honest if he pops off to Chelsea they'd be pretty good competition next year.
It’s a strange one because people believe the rivalry kills any potential transfer off, but I think a deal of Abraham & cash would satisfy all parties, if Abraham hit the ground running & Kane spent the first few games on the treatment table all would be forgotten, especially as it’s a bit of a made up rivalry due to Chelsea not really having a competitive one in Fulham

Cavani won't play every game, not at his age. And being on a free and being on performance related bonuses, he is easy to drop, so they could well go for another striker. I think it is more the expectation theyl go for sancho that presumes they wouldn't also go for Kane. Agree though, wouldn't rule them out.

You just know they will do something reactive too based on whoever city sign. Wouldn’t put it past them to go all in for Kane if we land Haaland (or vice versa).

I'd worry about what version we had in Years 4 'n 5. I don't think it would be 'world class' even with Pep's tutelage, assuming Pep is still roaming the meadows of Beswick.
But that purely off an assumption

As I said, plenty of the top strikers in the world are into their 30s

Kane is the best natural #9 in the Prem right now, can't see him regressing drastically over 4 years...maybe he'll slow down a bit but he's not built off pace, plus he'd be rotated here which should help preserve his career (I mean how often does he play for Sours when he's not fully fit because they rely on him)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.