Harry Kane

Not sure why people go on about resale value as if every big signing we make, we sell four years later for a huge profit.

Nonsensical view, the club don't operate like that and there's no evidence to suggest they will. The only exception I can think of was Leroy and he wanted out.

If we got him we'd keep him until he retired or his contract expired, as we have with all of our key players.

The club will take a view on whether his fee and wages for 4/5 years and the expected returns from his goals are worth it. Crazy to think they're sat around working out how much they could sell him for.

They do that with 18yr olds from South America.

Not sure why people go on about resale value as if every big signing we make, we sell four years later for a huge profit.

Nonsensical view, the club don't operate like that and there's no evidence to suggest they will. The only exception I can think of was Leroy and he wanted out.

If we got him we'd keep him until he retired or his contract expired, as we have with all of our key players.

The club will take a view on whether his fee and wages for 4/5 years and the expected returns from his goals are worth it. Crazy to think they're sat around working out how much they could sell him for.

They do that with 18yr olds from South America.
Bang on.

The only reason we mainly target young players is because of continuity, not resale value. Thats only insurance in case the player wants out, but its unlikely 28 year old signing would want out all of a sudden.

United are too big a risk for him at this point. Put Kane in their team and they still don't beat us to the title next season. He wants trophies and there's only one club that can guarantee them for him.

Who cares about resale value? I want to see us win everything and score 180 goals a season in the process. This would be an unbelievable signing!

Neville doing the interview is irrelevant to Kane's destination. Sky have a new series called 'The Overlap', where he interviews people in football. Trying to capitalize on his new found popularity.

I agree. But let me put it to you, that had Micah done that interview, we'd be taking it as he's coming here.

Both of course would be reading into it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.